Re forum member Kirby.

I regret to post that forum member Kirby died in a skiing accident in Montana on February 5th.  Apparently he fell and hit his head on a rock.  He was wearing a safety helmet and one of his two sons was with him but didn't see the fall.    He was 60 years old.  He was married and had  16 and 19 year old sons.

I met him in LIttle Rock when he bought the Heresy clone speakers from me and dropped off black painted LaScalas for me to rehab.  Great guy, funny, smart and friendly. He was coming back on March 22 to pickup the LaScalas.  His brother who lives locally will get them.   He will be missed.   

• Like 1

Condolences to his family. I met Kirby at the Pilgrimage, and we were both surprised to find out about each other. When he found out that I was from El Dorado, I learned that his dad was one of my grade school principals and his uncle was one of my high school principals. As a college student in Little Rock, I saw his dad walking through the mobile home park where I lived, and we later had many conversations. When I told Kirby this, he talked about their house at an old runway site two blocks from my residence. I said, "Yes, I visited there several times." I mentioned the noise on Saturday nights from the Benton Speedway races, and he laughed and we told stories back-and-forth. RIP, Kirby.

SSH

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, longdrive03 said:

I met him in LIttle Rock when he bought the Heresy clone speakers from me and dropped off black painted LaScalas for me to rehab.  Great guy, funny, smart and friendly. He was coming back on March 22 to pickup the LaScalas.  His brother who lives locally will get them.   He will be missed.   

RIP Kirby.

The world needs more funny, smart and friendly guys, not less.

• 2 weeks later...