Super Heresys what are they worth approx?

Fido

Needing a project last year during the pandemic and wanting to learn how to veneer I found a beater pair of Heresy 1s on ebay and ended up completely rebuilding them. As the pandemic wore on I decided to turn them into supper hereseys using Claudes recipe and replaced the woofers and installed Dave As tweeters and installed ne capacitors. I added the rear port and replaced the binding posts and had new grills made to match my Fortes. Now with the new Forte IVs I need to move these out. How much are these worth? They sound almost exactly like my modified Forte 1s - I am willing to sell them for much less than I have in them because it was a really fun project and I have no space for them. I just dont want to lose too much $$$on them but want people that want a pair of kick *** Heresys to enjoy them.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

hIMG_1221.jpg

hIMG_1223.jpg

• Like 2

Go ahead and advertise them. On Craigslist, most will not understand the worth of the upgrades. On this forum, folks may understand.

The problem with modified cabinets is that you will never  recoup your investment. I think Randy's estimate is optimistic. Try it and see. The market will ultimately determine their "worth". If they were mine, then I would hang on to them.

6 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Ones not as pretty go for around 1g in Middle Tennessee but it may take a while for someone who knows what they are looking at to bite. Oh, yes by the way Grilles are very nice cane with repro badges.

I’m in no hurry to sell but someone should be enjoying your tweeters - we played the forte 1s in same location as the super heresys and matched volume they sounded almost identical

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fido said:

I just dont want to lose too much $$$on them but want people that want a pair of kick *** Heresys to enjoy 

Nice work they look great! I dont know how much you have into them but a $1000 doesn't seem too unreasonable to me especially in the current market. 

• Like 1

Don't underestimate your market. You will literally have the only pair for sale. List them for the "I don't want to sell it price" and then repost in a week or two with a slightly lower price. Repeat until they find their new home. You will still not put nearly as much time and effort into selling them as you did building them. You live in the land of plenty. Enjoy the rewards.

• Like 1

I agree with most of the above. Easily worth a thousand. You can test the waters at or above that and adjust if no bites. If you have the original tweeters still, you can swap them out and sell Dave's tweeters separate. someone would be thrilled to get them. Key is to get someone to hear them, then they will buy. My supers sound wonderful.

Is that cane grill cloth or a linen? 

12 hours ago, Fido said:

I’m in no hurry to sell but someone should be enjoying your tweeters - we played the forte 1s in same location as the super heresys and matched volume they sounded almost identical

I had a set for sale (they did sell for 1g) and they were on the floor in front of the Super MWM's. Guy came over to listen to them and said "they sound nice".  I said "yes for little speakers they are really good" "Oh, he says, I thought it was the big ones playing". I fired up the S-MWM's after he bought the Super Heresy's just so he could hear the difference heh heh.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

I had a set for sale (they did sell for 1g) and they were on the floor in front of the Super MWM's. Guy came over to listen to them and said "they sound nice".  I said "yes for little speakers they are really good" "Oh, he says, I thought it was the big ones playing". I fired up the S-MWM's after he bought the Super Heresy's just so he could hear the difference heh heh.

lMAO

2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I agree with most of the above. Easily worth a thousand. You can test the waters at or above that and adjust if no bites. If you have the original tweeters still, you can swap them out and sell Dave's tweeters separate. someone would be thrilled to get them. Key is to get someone to hear them, then they will buy. My supers sound wonderful.

Is that cane grill cloth or a linen? 

It is actual cane and looks even better in person. I sold the original tweeters awhile ago to another Forum member who is enjoying them now. One thing I learned from turning these into Super Heresys was to follow Claude’s recipe to the letter. Dave A and Claude did an amazing job developing the formula that made the Super Heresys sound so close to my Forte 1s. You virtually can’t hear a noticeable difference when compared at matched volume.

• Like 2