What genre of music is your absolute favorite

Brian Tambe

Hey guys , I thought I would post something that might inform us of what is the  most popular  genre of music 🎼 that us Klipsch Loudspeaker fanatics crave and enjoy the most!! Mine is smooth jazz , aka jazz fusion , aka contemporary modern jazz. An example is the group I posted a CD of theirs released here in the US in August of 1991. OMG do these guys sound incredible on my FORTE III’S. I listen in 2-channel ( of course ) and  you’d swear the sub is on , however , it is NOT!! It still amazes me how much fabulous sound comes out of these Loudspeaker cabinets!! The way the mid-range disperses sound you’d swear there are rears playing but they are Not. What’s your favorite groove?

17788194-218A-40DB-A678-CBD04D2653A0.jpeg

• Like 2

Hey guys , I thought I would post something that might inform us of what is the  most popular  genre of music [emoji443] that us Klipsch Loudspeaker fanatics crave and enjoy the most!! Mine is smooth jazz , aka jazz fusion , aka contemporary modern jazz. An example is the group I posted a CD of theirs released here in the US in August of 1991. OMG do these guys sound incredible on my FORTE III’S. I listen in 2-channel ( of course ) and  you’d swear the sub is on , however , it is NOT!! It still amazes me how much fabulous sound comes out of these Loudspeaker cabinets!! The way the mid-range disperses sound you’d swear there are rears playing but they are Not. What’s your favorite groove?
17788194-218A-40DB-A678-CBD04D2653A0.jpeg.7325d07e748d919e1ab20fa7d235c674.jpeg

‘70s British Blues and Progressive Rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3c15cdf1e426f76104ba2769e111ce0a.jpg
I’m a fan of all kinds of music. I grew up on 60’s snd 70’s rock. Enjoyed partying away a decade of hair metal with concerts every weekend. I definitely welcomed the change when grunge came to town, but honestly since 2005 or so music has pretty much dried up.

I still enjoy a lot of music and I am much more okay now with new pop, rock and even country today than I had been in the past. I find myself much more a fan these days of female singers, since male singers that can actually sing has pretty much disappeared. I find most of my music now on YouTube playlists, lots of music you won’t hear on the radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Moderators

Almost everything except rap and opera, also not a fan of some heavy metal or whatever they call it when they just make a lot of racket grinding away and actually scream as loud as they can. Not sure what they call that ?................. I know i'm starting to sound like my dad.

Love ragee, jazz, blues, classic rock and island/caribbean, which is kind of a reggae beat but easy to listen to.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Dave A said:

That is the problem. Finding well recorded and mastered.

One thing I have learned over the years is to look at the record labels (and sometimes even the sound technician) in the album notes/details. For jazz music, for instance,  there are some labels that offer consistently a great quality catalogue of recordings: Riverside, Bluenote, Verve. For modern classical, ecm records is an example. For pop there's Chrysalis records etc. If these sound bad, there's something wrong with your sound system...

16 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Any genre will do, on the condition it is well recorded... 

Amen to the comment “ On the condition it is well recorded “ I have / had some CD’s that I gave away due to bad recording. The recording engineer should be hung by his b...s example: I purchased Simon and Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits CD and put it in the Denon CD Changer and I said “ Oh NO , I hope every song on here doesn’t sound this  bad “ but of course it did and that was listening through Klipsch KG4’s!! I’ll be looking through my collection ( I don’t have enough to really call it a collection ) and I’ll pull out a CD that I haven’t listened to in a while and will be reminded that , although bearable , it still sounds far less desirable than my typical GO Too’s that are outstanding recordings!! The CD I used the photo of the cover for this post “ Curves Ahead “ by The Rippingtons  is a 1991 release that was extremely well recorded and that’s 30 years ago!! Virtually ALL of my vinyl sounds good and some of them go as far back as the 60’s and sound phenomenal!! Us Klipsch Fans are well aware that bad recordings sound like an am radio in a VW Bug and then good recordings just make your ears smile!! Thanks for replying to this post and thanks for reading this long comment!! Happy Listening 

Edited by Brian Tambe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

One thing I have learned over the years is to look at the record labels (and sometimes even the sound technician) in the album notes/details. For jazz music, for instance,  there are some labels that offer consistently a great quality catalogue of recordings: Riverside, Bluenote, Verve. For modern classical, ecm records is an example. For pop there's Chrysalis records etc. If these sound bad, there's something wrong with your sound system...

Thank you for sharing the suggestion to check the record label. You are spot on 💯 % correct 

But my favorite genre has to be classic rock although I like music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and a lot from 2000 on along with Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Rihana, Taio Cruz, Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson, The Chicks etc - 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fido said:

My favorite Rippingtons album was Kilimanjaro - that sounds fantastic on both of the systems I have in my house!!! I had forgotten all about them somehow.I just downloaded a bunch of their albums all recoded at amazing hight levels - Getting ready to go downstairs and fire up my Primaluna and my Forte IVs and see how it sounds down there in my main listening room - yeehaw

But my favorite genre has to be classic rock although I like music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and a lot from 2000 on along with Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Rihana, Taio Cruz, Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson, The Chicks etc - 

I have Kilimanjaro , Weekend in Monaco , Curves Ahead , 20th Anniversary and their Greatest Hits!! I really enjoy classic 70’s Rock 

Fleetwood Mac , America , Elton John , Little River Band ,  just to name a few!! My 2 daughters and my son-in-laws have me enjoying some Country!! Music 🎶 is therapeutic for me sometimes and can make a bad day good at the sound of the first beat..Hope you’re enjoying The Rippingtons on your Forte IV’s!! My Forte III’s sound incredible and I have them positioned so well that the low frequency bass extension fools me  sometimes into thinking that the Subwoofer is on. I would like to find some speaker stands to get them raised to where the tweeter and midrange are reaching me at ear level while seated in my favorite chair for comfortable long term listening!! Have a good night!!