Help with choosing AV receiver

Hi all, I'm having trouble choosing a receiver.  My setup is x4 Klipsch Reference Series 5 1/4" 340 watt 2-way bookshelf speakers, x1 Klipsch Reference series Quad- 3 1/2" 400 watt passive 2 way Center speaker, and x1 Kilpsch 12" 400 watt sub.  I reached out to some other forums and was told that these speakers actually dip below 4 ohms or less, and most of the receivers I found did not support that.  I plan on adding x2 Dolby Atmos in the distant future but I want to be certain I buy the right receiver to handle what I have.  My budget is $500, could someone recommend me a good receiver for that price range? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willland said:

@bazookajoe1337,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you be more specific with the speakers you have.  Do you have a guess what Klipsch models they are?

Bill

Hi Bill, and thanks.  Yes, the center is R-34-C, the 4 book shelf speakers are R-51-M, and the Sub is R-120SW.  On that note, is this an ok setup for a 14x14 theater room?  I have already purchased these speakers, because I found them at a very reasonable price but some validation would ease my mind lol. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys.  Is it true that these Klipsch model speakers claim they are 8 ohms but tend to dip down to 2? The other forums got me nervous about choosing the right receiver to handle that dip, so much to learn about audio it's overwhelming. 

11 hours ago, willland said:

@bazookajoe1337,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you be more specific with the speakers you have.  Do you have a guess what Klipsch models they are?

Bill

2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bazookajoe1337 said:

Thanks for the input guys.  Is it true that these Klipsch model speakers claim they are 8 ohms but tend to dip down to 2? 

I find that hard to believe and you should be good to go with most AVRs. It just depends on what bells and whistles you want.

• Like 2