Forte I passive

Smokinone

This is a passive on a Forte I. It looks to have a tear in the bottom left of the surround/cone. The dust cap is pushed as well, but my concern is the tear in the lower left. I only have the one picture, but is this in the surround? It looks kinda like the area is tucked under or something. I have not physically looked at these, was looking to purchase some Forte I's but I don't know if I want to buy a close to perfect set, or do some work.

Could someone kinda clarify this for me. I have contacted Klipsch on a KD-13 replacement, but have just made that request.

Thanks

passive.jpg

44 minutes ago, Smokinone said:

This is a passive on a Forte I. It looks to have a tear in the bottom left of the surround/cone.

If that is the only thing wrong with them I'd say go for it just make sure the price reflects it maybe $100 below market for replacement? They do show up on the used market from time to time as the kg-4 used a 12" passive that will work as well. For the short term a tiny bit of "Shoe Goo" on the end of a Q-tip on both sides would work just fine, make sure you allow it to dry before using the speakers.

• Like 1

Just now, Smokinone said:

I was unsure if it was in the cone or surround. It's not too clear of a picture for me the way the shadow is on the picture.

Its in the surround, they are inverted rubber on this model.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Its in the surround, they are inverted rubber on this model.

That makes sense to me now. There are some scratches, cup stains, and chips on both. Looking at the fronts, almost appears to have different colors, like maybe a re-veneer. Might be camera, I haven't personally looked at them. Long distance.

side and front of the pair.

color3.thumb.jpg.b012ec607329f81bbc7885bfae1caead.jpg

• Like 2