SOLD - Super Heresys For Sale -- @ClaudeJ1 Recipe

Fido

Bought these as beaters on Ebay about two years ago but refurbed them while out of work during the pandemic. Decided to get new Klipsch woofers from Claude and Dave As Smahl Tweeters. First time trying my hand at veneering, sealed the backs, added the port, foam lined inner box, installed new capacitors, replaced speaker terminals. They now sound almost identical to my much larger Forte 1s with Dave As tweeters and Bob Crites crossovers. If I had the space anywhere in my house I would not let these go. I just dont have anywhere to put them. Asking $1200 for the pair but open to offers. I am not desperate to sell these but would love to see people that love the heresy sound (Superized) enjoying them as much as I did

sIMG_0092.jpg

sIMG_0093.jpg

sIMG_0094.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can personally vouch for the modifications. I have done this a couple times now and they really kick the Heresy up a couple notches (and they were great to begin with)

It doesn't hurt that these are also gorgeous. Great job on the veneer and I have always thought the cane was the best look for those speakers.

GLWS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

I can personally vouch for the modifications. I have done this a couple times now and they really kick the Heresy up a couple notches (and they were great to begin with)

It doesn't hurt that these are also gorgeous. Great job on the veneer and I have always thought the cane was the best look for those speakers.

GLWS

Thank you mookie. They sound fantastic just as good as my upgraded Forte1s

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

They look great, and, I’m sure they sound as good as they look.  GLWS!

I am surprised in this market that nobody has made an offer yet. Hereseys sound really good but the Super Heresys are on another level. Claude and Dave A came up with something very special. When I set them up where my Forte 1s were positioned and played them for my wife she could not tell the difference between the Fortes andante Hereseys. She wanted me to keep the Heresy  speakers but the Forte 1s were my Dads and I could not part with them.

6 minutes ago, Fido said:

I am surprised in this market that nobody has made an offer yet.

she could not tell the difference between the Fortes andante Hereseys. 

Well, if I were trying to sell a set of $1200 speakers I would not advertise them as sounding just like $600 speakers (used forte 1 prices) rather I'd probably advertise them as the predecessor to the all new and highly regarded H-IV's that retail for $3k. 

1 minute ago, jjptkd said:

Well, if I were trying to sell a set of $1200 speakers I would not advertise them as sounding just like $600 speakers (used forte 1 prices) rather I'd probably advertise them as the predecessor to the all new and highly regarded H-IV's that retail for $3k. 

Yes - they are a predecessor to the $3,000 Hereseys and if anyone looks at what nice Hereseys are selling for these days are a bargain at $1200 but stated in my original post I was open to offers but so far - NOTHING!!!! I have seen old stock Hereseys in mediocre condition sell for over $1,000 - The nice thing is I do not need to sell them. They were a fun build - I enjoyed learning to veneer and taking the Super Heresy recipe and making them into beautiful looking and sounding speakers.

Thanks for your advice.

My wife won’t let me mod my H1’s. Lol

There are the only ones that I can never sell.

Wife’s word (. Is the Law )) lol

Unless I list my AR turntable and sell it, that would be the only way for me to get those babies. Great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

My wife won’t let me mod my H1’s. Lol

There are the only ones that I can never sell.

Wife’s word (. Is the Law )) lol

Unless I list my AR turntable and sell it, that would be the only way for me to get those babies. Great work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been married almost 23 years now and I learned early on to listen to my wife and her thoughts of the audio gear I plan to put in the living room. When I bought my Mcintosh Integrated she said go ahead.When I decided to trade the Mcintosh in on my All tube Primaluna Integrated she said sure - go for it. When I told her i wanted the new Cornwall 4s that would not fit in our living room she said NFW!!!!!!! A few months later when the Forte 4s came out and i ordered them on our our credit card she saw the bill and used her xmas bonus $$$$ to pay the 4s off. and... the 4s actually fit and sound amazing. My lesson has been reinforced for many years and I do not mind when she lays down the law. Without someone to check me I would do many stupid things and maybe- selling your AR TT would also not be the smartest thing you have ever done. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JPoole95 said:

Those look really nice!  Are you only considering these as a local sale or is shipping a possibility?  I am in the DFW area.

They are pretty heavy - I don't have a clue how much it would cost to ship them to DFW

1 hour ago, Fido said:

They are pretty heavy - I don't have a clue how much it would cost to ship them to DFW

Understood.  Just checking to see if you are willing to ship them.  Some folks will not since it is a lot of effort.  Thanks!

22 minutes ago, JPoole95 said:

Understood.  Just checking to see if you are willing to ship them.  Some folks will not since it is a lot of effort.  Thanks!

some forum members could help out , with the  PONY EXPRESS ,

9 hours ago, JPoole95 said:

Yes I am willing to ship. I would love to have a Klipsch fan enjoy these like I have. I had them listed on Offer up and Ebay and decided I did not want to sell them to someone that wasn't really into the sound of Klipsch so I canceled the listings and decided that I could wait as long as it takes to sell to a forum member who would really appreciate them. Buying them and working on the cabinets, the veneer work, the cane grills, the first set of woofers and then Dave As Smahl tweeters, the badd a--- Klipsch woofers I bought from Claude etc etc - it was a labor of love and a lot of fun. Deciding to sell them came down to only being able to keep my Fortes or the Supers and I had helped my dad pick out the Fortes together and I was just too attached to them and to him to let them go.I lost my dad almost 20 years ago and I miss him very much. I loved my dad more than the awesome Super Heresys.Bottom line!!!!

• Like 3