Jump to content

Help me please.


Nergic
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just got delivered my brand new Klipsch THX  Pro Media 2.1 speakers and subwoofer. As I plugged it in (all the cables are plugged in properly) I heard the vacuum sound in the subwoofer and then nothing happened after. There is no light on the adjustable speaker, nothing. I tried plugging it into my pc and still nothing. How can I fix this? I think it is power related since I am using an adapter on an extension chord, but even with that in mind it should very well be working. Please help me. I am using a 250v adapter from US plug to UK plug. With multiple extension chords used.

Edited by Nergic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nergic said:

I am using a 250v adapter from US plug to UK plug. With multiple extension chords used.

 

Welcome.

 

This comment makes me nervous.  If the full 250v got to the system it might be toast.  I doubt the Pro Media 2.1 was designed to tolerate more than twice the nominal voltage. I hope I’m wrong and that you’ll soon be enjoying your new speakers.  I’ve enjoyed a pair daily for many years as computer speakers in a near field experience.  I enjoy music more hours of the day from them than I do my 2 channel or HT setups.

 

Without the ability to see what you’re describing I doubt us Yanks will be of much assistance.  Hopefully some of your UK, or EU, brothers or sisters will be able to help.

 

FYI, the reverse, 110v to European electronics, is typically no problem.  I use a Sony DVD/CD player my son bought while stationed in Germany with no issues.  An adaptor allows the Sony unit to plug into a 110v grounded outlet with no drama.

 

Good luck with solving the problem.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Klipsch Employees

1064066 is the part number for the Bluetooth version of that unit built for EU. 

If  you use a US version in EU, you do take the chance that your adaptor will fail you. Thus, sending 240V to a 120V unit. It will not like this. You may be lucky and they may have a fuse...but if not, you may need a new unit. 
 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2021 at 10:53 PM, Trey Cannon said:

1064066 is the part number for the Bluetooth version of that unit built for EU. 

If  you use a US version in EU, you do take the chance that your adaptor will fail you. Thus, sending 240V to a 120V unit. It will not like this. You may be lucky and they may have a fuse...but if not, you may need a new unit. 
 

 

On 3/12/2021 at 9:35 PM, DizRotus said:

 

Welcome.

 

This comment makes me nervous.  If the full 250v got to the system it might be toast.  I doubt the Pro Media 2.1 was designed to tolerate more than twice the nominal voltage. I hope I’m wrong and that you’ll soon be enjoying your new speakers.  I’ve enjoyed a pair daily for many years as computer speakers in a near field experience.  I enjoy music more hours of the day from them than I do my 2 channel or HT setups.

 

Without the ability to see what you’re describing I doubt us Yanks will be of much assistance.  Hopefully some of your UK, or EU, brothers or sisters will be able to help.

 

FYI, the reverse, 110v to European electronics, is typically no problem.  I use a Sony DVD/CD player my son bought while stationed in Germany with no issues.  An adaptor allows the Sony unit to plug into a 110v grounded outlet with no drama.

 

Good luck with solving the problem.

Well since I purchased the lovely speakers from Amazon I did not have a choice but to stick with the US plugs. I’m gonna try use a 240v to 130v converter and see if that works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...