Minty chorus 1 *SOLD*

Bobby2xs

Edit:pending offer, will keep offer falls through. Thanks for the interest and wisdom!

🔥will trade and add cash for chorus 2🔥

Selling my minty chorus 1 with DaveA MAHL tweets and updated networks near Nashville (Hendersonville) for $1200

558F66D7-2CEA-4DA1-A69C-505DBABA5FDB.jpeg

6E0F92E3-6AEF-4DB8-90A4-F21555D74791.jpeg

90E4EA20-B230-4046-A62C-992625C1A2C6.jpeg

FE7882E9-F0C5-464C-A848-7D30033C5913.jpeg

0983CDC8-0290-4FF4-81C5-D59ABB67DC0F.jpeg

Edited by Bobby2xs
*Sold*
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bobby2xs said:

Selling my minty chorus 1 with DaveA MAHL tweets and updated networks near Nashville (Hendersonville) for $1200

Weren't you just chasing some Chorus II's? What are you expecting to get out of them that you cant get out of the 1's?

Beautiful speakers by the way good luck with your sale!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Weren't you just chasing some Chorus II's? What are you expecting to get out of them that you cant get out of the 1's?

Beautiful speakers by the way good luck with your sale!

A little more low end. I’m hoping that the chorus 2 sound in between KLF and Cornwall. I love the mids and highs of the chorus 1 but it’s missing the last bit of bottom. They sound excellent with subs, but I want to ditch the sub. My Cornwall do it, KLF do it, and chorus 1 are so so close, but need the extra help on the very bottom.

24 minutes ago, Bobby2xs said:

A little more low end. chorus 1 are so so close, but need the extra help on the very bottom.

Have you tried the port mod? A few people have here and reported a nice change I recently built a pair of Chorus sized cabinets and added dual 7" long ports 4" inch in diameter to mimic the mod and the bass sounds just like my Chorus II's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby2xs said:

A little more low end. I’m hoping that the chorus 2 sound in between KLF and Cornwall. I love the mids and highs of the chorus 1 but it’s missing the last bit of bottom. They sound excellent with subs, but I want to ditch the sub. My Cornwall do it, KLF do it, and chorus 1 are so so close, but need the extra help on the very bottom.

Curious why you want ditch the sub? I have chorus II and they do have good bass but I still like running mine with a sub.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lbk said:

Curious why you want ditch the sub? I have chorus II and they do have good bass but I still run mine with a sub.

For simplicity, I really have always loved a well put together simple system. My favorite system currently is a pair of Cornwall 1 with the old oil caps, a marantz pm8005 into a will Vincent

st-70. It’s perfect for me, sans sub. Would love to see if the chorus 2 could top it. My space is too small for Klipschorns. So I’ve narrowed the battle down to the Cornwall and chorus 2. If you want these I’d trade plus cash since you run a sub anyway 😜

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Have you tried the port mod? A few people have here and reported a nice change I recently built a pair of Chorus sized cabinets and added dual 7" long ports 4" inch in diameter to mimic the mod and the bass sounds just like my Chorus II's. 

I have not. I’ve heard tale, but was worried that it would introduce distortion with my level of craftsmanship, I’m no stunner in the shop.

1 minute ago, Bobby2xs said:

For simplicity, I really have always loved a well put together simple system. My favorite system currently is a pair of Cornwall 1 with the old oil caps, a marantz pm8005 into a will Vincent

st-70. It’s perfect for me, sans sub. Would love to see if the chorus 2 could top it. My space is too small for Klipschorns. So I’ve narrowed the battle down to the Cornwall and chorus 2. If you want these I’d trade plus cash since you run a sub anyway 😜

Understand . Appreciate the offer but I also have a pair of chorus I's. My listen room is 17 by 11 by 8 and my 2's fill the room nicely with bass, I just like the  extra bottom end subs give me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lbk said:

Understand . Appreciate the offer but I also have a pair of chorus I's. My listen room is 17 by 11 by 8 and my 2's fill the room nicely with bass, I just like the  extra bottom end subs give me.

I will either sell these or buy 2’s and keep em, depends on how things work out, I’m rolling the dice and keeping the Cornwall either way!

7 hours ago, Bobby2xs said:

I will either sell these or buy 2’s and keep em, depends on how things work out, I’m rolling the dice and keeping the Cornwall either way!

I would try the port's, PE has some 4" by 12" ports that could be cut down. If you try ports measure your speakers first, if I remember correct the speaker ports/holes are just under 4".

You could also change out the woofer cap to poly if hasn't been done. Maybe a different woofer could get you where you want to be, probably easier than finding and  buying a pair of II's.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do!

You could also try bracing, but other owners have good and bad to say about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

When volume increases with the Chorus1, so too the bass extension. Never had a problem or need to consider a sub with these. 

Glws

The room they're in and positioning plus equipment matching and style of music among other things will ultimately determine how the speakers are perceived by the listener then you have to add the personal taste aspect.

I've set up numerous Chorus 1's in a wide range of rooms and settings with like and unlike gear and I can tell you there can be a huge difference in how they sound or how much bass reaches the listening position.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jjptkd said:

The room they're in and positioning plus equipment matching and style of music among other things will ultimately determine how the speakers are perceived by the listener then you have to add the personal taste aspect.

I've set up numerous Chorus 1's in a wide range of rooms and settings with like and unlike gear and I can tell you there can be a huge difference in how they sound or how much bass reaches the listening position.

I take great care in positioning, it took me about a couple days to approximate placement for my Cornwall, then it was wild what half inch shifts would do for the soundstage! I’d move listen for a while, change and change back. The Cornwall are king of the hill, did the same games with the chorus 1 and they lost to the Cornwall. Now I’m curious if the 2 can unseat them. If not no biggie, but want to try out of curiosity. Not super interested in the tube mods for the ports, just kinda want to know....are the chorus 2 really better than Cornwall.

• Like 1

Also I have to believe there’s a difference because these have been up for a day and they’re still here. Don’t get me wrong they are awesome, and if I didn’t already have the Cornwall I’d probably never wonder. The chorus 2 I've seen even in poorer condition is gone in the matter of an hour!!! No big deal, I win if I keep em I win if I sell. I’m super happy to keep em if no one is interested. But would seriously do a trade plus cash if anyone wants to trade chorus 1 for 2’s!

17 hours ago, jjptkd said:

If they don’t sell I may try my hand at this if it’s reversible, my craftsmanship is mostly on the administration side of things haha 

• Like 1