WTB: La Scala in Texas

res_communes

3 hours ago, res_communes said:

Any perspectives on the price range that would be considered reasonable for a set of La Scalas in good condition?

There some guys in this forum who are really good at valuing speakers.  I wrote prices down and put them in a spreadsheet.  Feel free to download.

FYI you are in a market in Texas that is typically higher than my spreadsheet average.  If you add about 20% you will get a good ball park price in your area.

In general LS's range from about $1000-1500.  The average is $1208, Good Condition with Type AA crossovers, 1972-82.  For a pristine pair they will be at the upper end of the price range.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-11.xlsx

• Like 3

Thanks for the 'welcome' billybob.  Actually I've been a forum member since 2004 but sold my Heresy's soon thereafter as priorities changed with having a young family.  At that time I dropped off the forum.  Now that the kids are out of the house, I'm excited to get back into the pleasure I receive from listening to a great sound system and learning from the many sages in the Klipsch forums/community.

And thanks jimjimbo for your perspective re price range

• Like 2

1 hour ago, res_communes said:

And thanks jimjimbo for your perspective re price range

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Good hunting...jimjimbo knows alot about the LS...

The La Scala market has changed dramatically in the last 12-18 months, as I know other Heritage speaker prices have as well.  30-50% increase.

Cosmetics are very, very important, both internally and externally, with the market being what it is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

The La Scala market has changed dramatically in the last 12-18 months, as I know other Heritage speaker prices have as well.  30-50% increase.

Cosmetics are very, very important, both internally and externally, with the market being what it is.

100% correct. Prices from 18 months ago or more are what you wish you could buy by. I have not seen a set of LS sell for under $1500 for the last year here in Tennessee. IF there were some listed cheaper they went so fast I never saw them which tells you something. Still think $3000 is crazy high but by the end of this year that may be normal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the input and guidance.  I was able to find a great pair of all original, raw birch, La Scalas from the mid 80's.  Picked them up today and excited to set them up.  Thanks again, Dave A, Jimjimbo, Sancho Panza, billybob, wvu80, and DCaIrvine

• Like 1