weird static/hissing sound coming from my speakers.

FIip

Theses are brand new speakers and this is not a constant sound but one that comes and goes. they will be fine one second and then the next I have this weird hissing static sound that is starting to annoy me and I can't seem to find a fix. This sound is only on my speakers and not the subwoofer. Can someone please help me.

• Like 1

FWIW:  The speakers don't create static or hiss or any other sounds.  They just respond to what the amplifier feeds them.  OTOH, Klipsch speakers are very efficient/sensitive and will reproduce what the amp sends them moreso than other speakers.  Therefore if an amp is noisy you will hear it "better" on Klipsch speakers.  Please give us a model number for the speakers.  And it would be interesting to know more about your amp, too.

Have you used the amp and other parts of the system (CD or video or cable) for long?  These components can produce noise.  If you switch around the input selector you might be able to identify the source of the noise.  Also processor setting such as Dolby Theater

One experience of mine from long ago was that the processor in receiver produced an annoying amount of noise ubt it was not as mercurial as you report.

Generally, nois is a high frequency event and so subwoofers are not going to 

reproduce it.

It'll take some experimentation to hunt it down.

WMcD

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 8:12 PM, FIip said:

Theses are brand new speakers and this is not a constant sound but one that comes and goes. they will be fine one second and then the next I have this weird hissing static sound that is starting to annoy me and I can't seem to find a fix. This sound is only on my speakers and not the subwoofer. Can someone please help me.

are these ----self powered speakers

• Like 1