newbie with an old system

Lodi781

hello all,

Yep, new guy with all the stupid new guy questions coming. So bail now if you’ve seen this this show before...lol

I have a 20 year old klipsch\yamaha system that I bough when I moved into my first condo. I have a set of rb3s, my center is an RC 3 and  a pair of sb1 surrounds. I have a ksw-10 woofer. I just purchased a Yamaha RXv-4a receiver because the old receiver I gad ( I think it was a step above this one) couldn’t connect to my tv and xbox. My question is, are these speakers worth keeping? My room isn’t exactly HT friendly, and I feel like I’d like to make do with these until I move and can focus on a dedicated HT room. The system sat dormant for may years because it was too loud for my condo and my neighbor complained. Now that I’m in my own place, seemed like a great excuse to fire it up again...Thoughts?

• Like 1

@Lodi781,

Welcome to the forum.

6 hours ago, Lodi781 said:

Yep, new guy with all the stupid new guy questions coming.

We have all been there.

6 hours ago, Lodi781 said:

I have a set of rb3s, my center is an RC 3 and  a pair of sb1 surrounds. I have a ksw-10 woofer.

Yes they are worth keeping.  Set it all up and see(hear) what you got.

Bill

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lodi781 said:

it was too loud for my condo and my neighbor complained. Now that I’m in my own place, seemed like a great excuse to fire it up again...Thoughts?

wow , that must have one helluva a  Sticker of a neighbor , these are book shelve speakers , just right for a condo  imagine if you had  a bigger set of speakers -

these speakers are ok in any setup , you should keep them but add on to the system --for a fuller sound  with 2 towers , and these can be used as rear speakers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

wow , that must have one helluva a  Sticker of a neighbor , these are book shelve speakers , just right for a condo  imagine if you had  a bigger set of speakers -

these speakers are ok in any setup , you should keep them but add on to the system --for a fuller sound  with 2 towers , and these can be used as rear speakers

I was wondering about this.  I’m glad you brought this up. I do really like the way they sound, so being able to keep them as rear speakers is great to hear. I have to go get a few more cords today so I’ll be able to see how all this works out. Thank you for all the replies. I’m looking forward to things I can learn here in the forums.

• Like 1

So I got it fired up, and It sounds better than I remembered it did. Definitely glad I decided against selling the components last year. I forgot how much better movies are with good sound.

Edited by Lodi781
  • Like 2