Jump to content

newbie with an old system


Lodi781
 Share

Recommended Posts

 hello all,

 

     Yep, new guy with all the stupid new guy questions coming. So bail now if you’ve seen this this show before...lol

 

    I have a 20 year old klipsch\yamaha system that I bough when I moved into my first condo. I have a set of rb3s, my center is an RC 3 and  a pair of sb1 surrounds. I have a ksw-10 woofer. I just purchased a Yamaha RXv-4a receiver because the old receiver I gad ( I think it was a step above this one) couldn’t connect to my tv and xbox. My question is, are these speakers worth keeping? My room isn’t exactly HT friendly, and I feel like I’d like to make do with these until I move and can focus on a dedicated HT room. The system sat dormant for may years because it was too loud for my condo and my neighbor complained. Now that I’m in my own place, seemed like a great excuse to fire it up again...Thoughts?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum! As You can see in my sig, I have RF3s instead of your RBs, but tweeters and woofers are the same. You won't be dissapointed. Good for both, music and HT. 

Take a good listen! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Lodi781,

 

Welcome to the forum.

 

6 hours ago, Lodi781 said:

 Yep, new guy with all the stupid new guy questions coming.

We have all been there.

 

6 hours ago, Lodi781 said:

I have a set of rb3s, my center is an RC 3 and  a pair of sb1 surrounds. I have a ksw-10 woofer.

Yes they are worth keeping.  Set it all up and see(hear) what you got.

 

Bill

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Lodi781 said:

 it was too loud for my condo and my neighbor complained. Now that I’m in my own place, seemed like a great excuse to fire it up again...Thoughts?

wow , that must have one helluva a  Sticker of a neighbor , these are book shelve speakers , just right for a condo  imagine if you had  a bigger set of speakers -

 

these speakers are ok in any setup , you should keep them but add on to the system --for a fuller sound  with 2 towers , and these can be used as rear speakers

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

wow , that must have one helluva a  Sticker of a neighbor , these are book shelve speakers , just right for a condo  imagine if you had  a bigger set of speakers -

 

these speakers are ok in any setup , you should keep them but add on to the system --for a fuller sound  with 2 towers , and these can be used as rear speakers

 

  I was wondering about this.  I’m glad you brought this up. I do really like the way they sound, so being able to keep them as rear speakers is great to hear. I have to go get a few more cords today so I’ll be able to see how all this works out. Thank you for all the replies. I’m looking forward to things I can learn here in the forums.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

  So I got it fired up, and It sounds better than I remembered it did. Definitely glad I decided against selling the components last year. I forgot how much better movies are with good sound.

Edited by Lodi781
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...