Advice for side and rear speakers

kcurtis600

Looking for advice as to potentially changing side and rear speakers after upgrading from R-28f fronts and an RP center (shortly after upgrading from a 20 year old synergy 5.1 system).  New current set-up is:

KLF 20's

KLC c7

RW-12d

R-41SA (on klf 20's)

RS-35 sides

R-28f rears 

Onyko TX-NR787

My room is about 28x15, but due to duct work and other quirks, can't put the R-28f's against back wall- one is only a couple feet behind couch, the other has some obstruction as well.  System sounds really good (to me anyway), but probably because the klf 20's are nothing short of amazing...  So I'm thinking that 1) I should replace the rears with speakers I can put on stands and if so, what is best match with fronts, and 2) whether (depending on what I do with rears), keep the RS-35's or replace them as well (need to keep sides wall mounted and can't have them extend out too far).  Or would I simply be throwing away some money for not much of a difference in sound?

Appreciate any suggestions-don't have a lot of technical or audiophile expertise, just know I love the Klipsch sound!

3 hours ago, kcurtis600 said:

keep the RS-35's or replace them as well

As you probably already know, your speakers setup is not the most timbre matched but since it sounds really good to you, that is all that matters.  With that said, the RS-35s are very capable surround speakers and I have enjoyed my pair for close to a decade.  Had many opportunities to "upgrade" to either the RS-52s or RS-62s for pretty cheap but decided if it ain't broken, no need to do it.

3 hours ago, kcurtis600 said:

Appreciate any suggestions-don't have a lot of technical or audiophile expertise, just know I love the Klipsch sound!

That is the place I started and still at today.

Bill