Proud Parents!

juniper

Our young son was selected to play on our local pro MLS soccer teams academy team and will get to see our country playing against other pro teams developmental teams..  Should be alot of fun for him and his Mom! My girl has driven over 1500000 miles or more in the last 7 years to games, practices and soccer related things. She is just awesome! You all helped me with the insanity! Thanks again!!!!

• Like 6

20 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Congrats!  Soccer is a great sport.  I played for 38 years.  My son played competitively through high school.  Those times created some great memories.  Enjoy the ride.

Carl, 38 years......Thats so impressive i have trouble putting my thoughts into word.,.You are steward of the game you must love the game, and are very good! Iam sure you taught your son about hard work.... 38 years just wow.....awesome job!!!!!!

7 hours ago, juniper said:

Carl, 38 years......Thats so impressive i have trouble putting my thoughts into word.,.You are steward of the game you must love the game, and are very good! Iam sure you taught your son about hard work.... 38 years just wow.....awesome job!!!!!!

Thanks.  I also coached and refereed.  It pains me not to be able to play anymore.

Boy scored 7 goals in his first practice against the best in our state, at 13, the goalies average 6'3 and they were the 3 best in our state. He scored more then anyone on the pitch and was playing up 2 yrs...The  coach said "if you learn two touches in the box, we will have to find you a new team"  European coaches really know whats going on...... sadly...

Congrats to the boy!  I thought this was a newborn reveal party.

I tried to play soccer once when I was at a boys camp for the summer (in Ely Minnesota).  I went twice so I was in 4th grade and 5th grade (don't recall how old that would have been)

Ball was in the air I really didn't know what I was doing BUT, I saw this as an opportunity to hit it with my head and thought that was cool, so....went for the head shot....  Well, about that time one of the older boys or counselers, I have no clue....saw the ball coming down and decided he was going to try to do a Pele move on it....  went up to kick the ball.....I went up to hit it with my head and he kicked me square upside the head and about knocked me out.

Yeah....I think that was one of the last times I tried to play.  

3 hours ago, Coytee said:

Well, about that time one of the older boys or counselers, I have no clue....saw the ball coming down and decided he was going to try to do a Pele move on it....  went up to kick the ball.....I went up to hit it with my head and he kicked me square upside the head and about knocked me out.

High kick.  That's a penalty and sometimes a card.