Help with crossover parts

I need some help with , what and how I can use some parts for my H1 type E crossovers.

On the caps they should be 2.0 and the inductor is a 2.5

I have a foil copper inductor and the label says 3.3mH , but test out as 2.7. Is this close enough for the E crossover?

And in the caps, I have 2.0 caps and 4.0 caps

If I run the 4.0 in parallel, they spec as 2.0

Is it better to run two in parallel or no ?

What’s the pro and cons ?

Yes I have a few different test gear for checking the specs.

Thanks for any and all help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You should have (2) 2uf caps in each circuit.  Doesn't matter if you have a single or series to produce 2uf.  The 3.3mH inductor I'm a bit leery of to be honest.  I take it these are not original?

I have a couple 2.5mH inductors I can send you.  No charge.  Send me a PM with your address.

How accurate is your measuring device?

If you have an ACTUAL Klipsch E network, then just use the Inductor that's on the board. If you are simply trying to build one from scratch, then the 2.7 value, if accurate should work.

The 4uF capacitors have to be in SERIES to get a 2 uF value. In parallel they will be 8 uF and wrong for an E network, so the answer to your question is NO on the capacitors.

48 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I need some help with , what and how I can use some parts for my H1 type E crossovers.

On the caps they should be 2.0 and the inductor is a 2.5

I have a foil copper inductor and the label says 3.3mH , but test out as 2.7. Is this close enough for the E crossover?

Yes, 2.7 is close enough.  Surprised that it is that far off!

And in the caps, I have 2.0 caps and 4.0 caps

If I run the 4.0 in parallel, they spec as 2.0

Is it better to run two in parallel or no ?

4.0uf parallel to another 4.0uf will be 8uf.  

4.0uf in series to another 4.0uf will be 2uf.  

Are you sure they aren't 1uf caps?

Maybe im using or confusing parallel to series. If I set them side-by-side and twist both of one ends together , and then on the other end and then measure them, I get 2.0 .
But if I put them in the end and only twist one of the ends together and test them with each end I get 8.0
I’ll lest the test gear I’m using later on. I just received a different brand of meter to test them again

2 hours ago, mboxler said:

Yes, 2.7 is close enough.  Surprised that it is that far off!

4.0uf parallel to another 4.0uf will be 8uf.  

4.0uf in series to another 4.0uf will be 2uf.  

Are you sure they aren't 1uf caps?

welcome to the redundant redundancy department. Pete and Repeat reporting for service.

1 minute ago, carlthess40 said:

And to answer the first question, these are the stock crossovers that I replaced the caps a few years ago, but I’m just trying out some new parts and want to hear what difference there would be

Waste of time if you still have the same drivers. Try a Super Heresy instead, with just a Delta Pro 12A driver swap, then add a port if you want to hear a REAL difference.

1 hour ago, mboxler said:

You pressed submit a few seconds before me.  I should have deleted my post.  

No worries. I was just joking, with the redundant redundancy department, which was a joke by someone I used to work with. Should have put a smiley after it or LOL. My bad.

2 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Maybe im using or confusing parallel to series. If I set them side-by-side and twist both of one ends together , and then on the other end and then measure them, I get 2.0 .
But if I put them in the end and only twist one of the ends together and test them with each end I get 8.0
I’ll lest the test gear I’m using later on. I just received a different brand of meter to test them again

Well your explanation is getting me confused:)

Capacitors in Series and Parallel | Electrical4U