RB-75 crossover question

marems

I am in the process of recapping and updating the stock resistors in my RB-75’s and I have  purchased all of the components to match the values I got from a schematic off of the Klipsch forums. However, My crossovers have 5 ohm resistors and not the 6 ohm resistors that were in the RB 75 crossover schematic. All of the other component values are the same, I was curious if anybody could tell me what this will do to the sound if I install the 6 ohm resistors instead of the 5 ohm. I understand the there were 3 crossover reversions. 

It looks as if a single series resistor has been used to pull the compression driver down.

We don't have a complete picture, in other words, we don't know why a 5 is in there instead of 6. For example, did they go to a different driver?

If the driver is the same, then the 6 will bring the horn down more. You may or may not like it. 

@Deang here is the schematic. Trey stated in another thread there were 3 xover reversions in the RB-75. I guess I will have to see how it sounds. If anything I will install 5ohm if I don’t like the sound... btw I love the 10ohm resistor mod in the RF-7’s you shared several years back, I did this to my RF-7’s as well and improved the sound significantly. 

RB-75.pdf