Cornwalls? - Spokane, WA $1000

Limberpine

they are solid ply construction not sure if brace work has been added or not but the parts are good and the box is good not out of line and pricing is always a regional thing. I have seen a lot worse go for more. Well worth a look and a listen they may take less you never know if you don't ask.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 10:29 AM, Oicu812 said:

They are home built cabinets.  And the blind carpenter that built them should be flogged before the keelhauling.

I have no interest in these loudspeakers. I have looked at the photos and the cabinets look better than lots I see for sale used. So tell me what is it that you see that looks so bad to you? There is veneer on the edges of the cabinets, many Klipsch are raw ply edges all around, the back has veneer that's a bonus, over all it looks like a competent build to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moray james said:

I have no interest in these loudspeakers. I have looked at the photos and the cabinets look better than lots I see for sale used. So tell me what is it that you see that looks so bad to you? There is veneer on the edges of the cabinets, many Klipsch are raw ply edges all around, the back has veneer that's a bonus, over all it looks like a competent build to me.

I think it was all of the brass screws and washers looking random on the motor board.  It just looks sloppy to my eye.  On the back they "countersunk" screws without actually using the proper techniques.  Just ram them home, as deep as you can with a drill.  Nothing looks aligned properly in my opinion.

I'm sure it's functional, but it would bother my OCD.

1 hour ago, Oicu812 said:

I think it was all of the brass screws and washers looking random on the motor board.  It just looks sloppy to my eye.  On the back they "countersunk" screws without actually using the proper techniques.  Just ram them home, as deep as you can with a drill.  Nothing looks aligned properly in my opinion.

I'm sure it's functional, but it would bother my OCD.

Ok thanks. Still to me the build looks a lot better than many of the home spun diy jobs I see posted on this site from time to time.

Baffle screws can be changed and counter sunk to improve visuals after the fact, that's not very much of an issue if it really bugs someone. The wood screws look to be well placed and not at all random and he used lots so this will be a solid cabinet. Given they come with parts that sell for more than stock ones would I don't think the asking price is much out of line (if lots of CW sell in this area then the asking price is going to be seen as high). I understand lots of folks don't want clones but if that is not an issue and they are well built as they seem to be lower offers could always be made citing the non original build to possibly leverage a better sale price. Remember also that lots of guys buy beaters and then refurbish them (these look pretty good as is). The market place will determine the value of these as it usually does. Should any members be close enough for an audition please let us know what you think about the fit finish and sound of these Cornwall clones.

19 hours ago, moray james said:

Ok thanks. Still to me the build looks a lot better than many of the home spun diy jobs I see posted on this site from time to time.

Baffle screws can be changed and counter sunk to improve visuals after the fact, that's not very much of an issue if it really bugs someone. The wood screws look to be well placed and not at all random and he used lots so this will be a solid cabinet. Given they come with parts that sell for more than stock ones would I don't think the asking price is much out of line (if lots of CW sell in this area then the asking price is going to be seen as high). I understand lots of folks don't want clones but if that is not an issue and they are well built as they seem to be lower offers could always be made citing the non original build to possibly leverage a better sale price. Remember also that lots of guys buy beaters and then refurbish them (these look pretty good as is). The market place will determine the value of these as it usually does. Should any members be close enough for an audition please let us know what you think about the fit finish and sound of these Cornwall clones.

I was mainly making a joke.  Other people got it.  But not everyone is the same, I guess.

• Like 1