Reisong A10 with rolled tubes vs Yaqin MC-100B stock

sparton175

There are 2 local listings around me for stereo tube amps that I've been looking at, both for around $300-350, a Reisong A10 with "upgraded" tubes and a fully stock Yaqin MC-100B. I was curious if anyone had any insight as to the pros and cons of each one, there are quite a few reviews and posts about the Reisong but I can hardly find any info about the Yaquin.

I own a Yaqin MC-30L . I love it! It has lots of clean power with great build quality. I’ve not heard a Reisong A10 , but it has good reviews stating its midrange is good, but can lack power and some bass output. The Yaqin MC-100B with its stock tubes should give you plenty clean power, but the Reisong A10 may not even with its upgraded tubes. If power is not what you want, then both will probably be okay. I find power is good. I like my low power components, but for serious listening I use my high power stuff including tubes. I’d buy the Reisong A10 for its enjoyment if I already owned the Yaqin MC-100B, but that’s me and we’re all different wanting things, so I’ve learned taking and giving advice can sometimes not be good, but I really like my Yagin, so I replied. 

• 1 month later...

I tried the Reisong A10 with LSII's and am impressed.  However, I sent it back and purchased the newer version A12 (same thing, just different preamp tubes) since my A10 example had a Morse code-type beeping sound in the left channel that couldn't be fixed.  Aside from that, the sound was really impressive, with very nice mids and surprisingly sparkly highs.  The bass was fine, but I use subs below 55 hz.