Happy Saint Patrick's day !

billybob

A very happy Saint Patā€™s Day to all those who are Irish, and to all who wish they were! Ā That should cover most of us. Ā Iā€™ll be wearing green and enjoying some Baileyā€™s tonight. Ā I think Iā€™ll spin some Pogues vinyl, too.

Ā 

Non-trivial fact: Ā Ireland is the only country in the world that has a musical instrument as its national symbol: Ā the Irish harp. Ā They also have bagpipes that are actually pleasant to listen to: Ā the Uilleann pipes.

• Thanks 1

When Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzieā€™sĀ bassist and frontman) was asked about being Black and being an Irishman, he replied, ā€œGuinness is black and itā€™s as Irish as can be, and so am I!ā€, or words to that effect.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Islander said:

A very happy Saint Patā€™s Day to all those who are Irish, and to all who wish they were! Ā That should cover most of us. Ā Iā€™ll be wearing green and enjoying some Baileyā€™s tonight. Ā I think Iā€™ll spin some Pogues vinyl, too.

Ā 

Non-trivial fact: Ā Ireland is the only country in the world that has a musical instrument as its national symbol: Ā the Irish harp. Ā They also have bagpipes that are actually pleasant to listen to: Ā the Uilleann pipes.

Really like the Guinness lager and the stout which is heavier as you know.

Also like the Harp which is lighter, at least in color. Mix them for alf and alf.

Cheers and will get my corned brisket later with cabbage.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1