Newbie To Klipsch - Heresy IV

jeffarnie

I will be getting my first pair of HERESY IV hopefully this week. I've seen a few videos on YouTube but thought I would ask the amassed fans here what their recommends may be on getting started? I know, run the cables and turn it up right? Seriously, anything I should know? Burn in time etc.? Music Hall a70.2 integrated will be sending the juice. Cheers from Canada!

• Like 1

Jeffarnie..  congrats! I've had a set of the walnuts for about a month now and use them with a Decware tube amp. I also have a NAD integrated but the tube amp wins hands down for me. Nothing special on setup really other than being careful on the unboxing as DJEditor commented. Keep us updated on your experience ! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJEditor said:

Welcome to the Forum. Be careful unboxing them so as not to scratch the walnut veneer.  Hook them up, open a Molson of your choice and enjoy.  

Lol thanks... I’m an old Canuck hipster so no Molson for me, my pet Polar bear won’t let me have them....thanks for the unboxing and other tips...stay tuned.

• Like 2

Haha, thanks well if I have to shill I’d say try and find Phillips brand cos my daughter works for them!

Otherwise I buy any small brewery Canuck brands, and there are a truckload of options. Buy a mixed dozen of any brand from British Columbia and you be well pleased....

FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF HERESY IV: 

a full rich uncluttered sound...I purchased based on various reviewers I trust. A friend of mine said something about a pair of HERESY I’s he once owned, he said they were “shouty” so that word has been in my head bothering my critique but alas he was wrong. Contrary as well to some reviews is the bass response. Mine are fabulous. My previous speakers (ELAC towers- don’t laugh) needed the volume pushed to get me the sound I craved from my music hall integrated. Not now.

Of course I’m playing various genres of music both vinyl and CD - not a digital guy yet, my collection is too vast physically to need to - and I’m becoming more and more convinced that I made the right decision.it’s been less than 48 hours. I had a grille issue with one speaker (no rubber safety pucks affixed for shipping so the magnets dented the grill outwards in three corners....and no badge) but supplier is sending a new grille and will pay for the shipping to return damaged grille. In a nutshell, I will continue the lockdown hit parade (I am immune compromised due to Cancer treatment) and enjoy my *likely* forever Heresy’s....thanks for asking ❤️ From the centre of 🇨🇦 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad you’re enjoying them. You might hear subtitles in music you hadn’t noticed before. A great all around speaker in my mind and they will play very loud if needed and still sound great. 

Thanks for the beer tip,I’ll search for it this summer if the border opens up !

Well, I just LOVE mine.  Klipsch gives good suggestions for placement. 

Put on some dub-step at moderate levels and maybe even turn up the bass knob and shut them up in a room for 3 or 4 days straight and they'll be ready to rock.  Initially, they are disappointingly thin, but after the woofer breaks-in, you'll find them to be accurate and pleasant to listen to. 

The only thing is the port in the back so need to have breathing room. Contrary to putting into corners as Paul would say I guess. I got series 1 and they sound awesome cant imagine them being better but I would hope they are. I just cant get past the price though...lol Welcome though glad you got some.