Questions about the Juicy Music Blueberry Extreme w/Cream and pCat Monoblocks

Peacemaker

4 hours ago, Peacemaker said:

Were you in a band and do you still play?

I played guitar, bass and dobro behind a brother/sister duo, Chuck and Mary Perin. I still play, but mostly for my own amusement/amazement.

The Mary passed away in 2003, and Chuck still records and percorms at a jazz club he runs in San Diego, called Dizzy's. Chuck is in his mid '70 and won't slow down. From his college days, he is friends with Andy Wallace and Steve Gillette.

We stay in touch... and his website is:

http://chuckperrin.com

• Like 1

I played guitar, bass and dobro behind a brother/sister duo, Chuck and Mary Perin. I still play, but mostly for my own amusement/amazement.

The Mary passed away in 2003, and Chuck still records and percorms at a jazz club he runs in San Diego, called Dizzy's. Chuck is in his mid '70 and won't slow down. From his college days, he is friends with Andy Wallace and Steve Gillette.

We stay in touch... and his website is:

http://chuckperrin.com
What a great experience that must've been. Looks like Chuck found his calling early on in his life. Something we all strive for I think.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 3/19/2021 at 11:20 PM, babadono said:

I'm not looking for praise or compliments.Just don't want to be considered a member of the M.D. club.

there is no more M D club , the old forum Server and it's database  was not merged with the current  platform 

4 hours ago, Coytee said:

I'm audibly chuckling....that could be construed as a threat  lol

it can be done  ----however , I would restrict it to the  older technical threads-modifications -build threads - etc -  and avoid the riff raff

9 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

it can be done  ----however , I would restrict it to the  older technical threads-modifications -build threads - etc -  and avoid the riff raff

Realizing that I'm a relatively new member of the forum, I will go out on a limb and say that I believe reconstituting those specific threads could really be beneficial to both long-time and newer forum  members, for both educational and historical reasons. I will say that I'm somewhat biased given that I recently purchased the Blueberry Extreme w/ Cream and pCATS listed in the Garage Sale forum and am wanting to learn as much about these units as possible.

@RandyH000, What are the steps to accomplish this? I'd be willing to make a formal request if need be. 

• Like 2

I own an un-creamy Blueberry Xtreme and Pcats!  The BBX I acquired in a trade with Mark (for a pair of walnut Belles).  I love them!  I don't listen nearly enough these days (that room is overloaded with misc. crap), but they're sitting there waiting for me.

When Mark first joined the forum, he lived about 20 miles North of me, in Healdsburg, CA.  Forum member Clipped & Shorn and I visited him several times, brainstorming and working on some modified Dynaco amps.  He hadn't yet developed his Juicy Music products.  Mark is a very interesting guy, to put it mildly.  He swung from a totally tubular analog setup, to a super pared-down iMac-based digital system.  He tried Klipsch speakers, but also played around with smaller speakers, and flat panel single-driver speakers.  He also collected (and got rid of) classic guitars, refurbished and sold vintage tabletop radios (bakelite and others).  In short, he got into things intensely, then got out with the same vigor when another challenge (or activity of interest) called him.  He even self-published a book on nutrition https://www.amazon.com/Food-Fuel-Like-Bird-Queen-ebook/dp/B01ETSX104/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords="mark+deneen"&qid=1616863603&s=books&sr=1-1 !!

He's now living in the Palm Springs area (moving from Ferndale in Northern CA).  Deep thinker, very intelligent, and quite opinionated.  I haven't been in contact with him for a few years.  S

So, in short, buy 'em when you see 'em!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...