KLF 30 no high output

Sidevalve

While listening to music I noticed I Wasn't hearing any violin out of my right speaker. Checking it out I found my jumper wires touching on the back of the

speaker. After I fixed the fixed the wires and went back to listening still no violin. Did it short my tweeter out or damage something in my crossover ?

Well changed tweeters out same problem violin sounds very faint. Guessing my problem is in the crossover. Bought the speakers new in 1999 and the only

thing I have done is put Crites titanium tweeters in both mains. I am not able to rebuild the crossovers myself so must find somebody to do it for me.

Looking for a  place that will do the rebuild. Any Ideas ?

5 minutes ago, Sidevalve said:

Well changed tweeters out same problem violin sounds very faint. Guessing my problem is in the crossover. Bought the speakers new in 1999 and the only

thing I have done is put Crites titanium tweeters in both mains. I am not able to rebuild the crossovers myself so must find somebody to do it for me.

Most of the energy from a violin wold be coming from the mid-range. The tweeter will just add a tiny amount of "Brilliance". 

As far as a crossover going "bad", that is unlikely. What is more likely is that a connection is loose or possibly corroded. You can check & re-thighten the connections yourself (take a photo first). 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sidevalve said:

if 1 speaker sounds fine ,  yes , the issue could be the crossover or the connections ----

9 hours ago, Sidevalve said:

Waiting to hear back from Bobby Crites about restoring both of my crossovers. After twenty years they could use a rebuild.

Klipsch capacitors kits from @JEM Performance   sound better than Sonicaps  -  JEM can also recap your crossovers if you can't do it yourself -

https://jemperformanceaudio.com/

23 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Klipsch capacitors kits from @JEM Performance   sound better than Sonicaps  -  JEM can also recap your crossovers if you can't do it yourself -

https://jemperformanceaudio.com/

curious how you know or have verified jem sound "better" than sonicaps? or any other mid to upper end caps?  we know all about the recent "they arent klipsch approved so they dont sound as good" claims... but have you blind tested these to confirm your claim? or just repeating what you've read on here? 

i have no dog in this fight, but find it somewhat questionable that a mylar(?) cap sounds "better" than a very good mid range brand polypropylene cap when compared to each other on a test meter or in any given speaker.  thats not about klipsch approved, just comparing the 2 types of caps in general.  anyone else thats compared these care to comment on that aspect of the 2 types/brands of caps? 

On 3/21/2021 at 1:48 PM, Budman said:

you know you can add any member to your ignored user list

yes im aware of that,  i was genuinely curious how randy came to the conclusion of what he stated...  or what other members that may have compared the jem capacitors to other types/brands opinion was.  guess this is something not too many want to talk about?  

18 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

yes im aware of that,  i was genuinely curious how randy came to the conclusion of what he stated...  or what other members that may have compared the jem capacitors to other types/brands opinion was.  guess this is something not too many want to talk about?  

pure magic

• Like 1