La Scalas $2200, Hazel Green WI

Rivernuggets

The Heritage Prices spreadsheet says the Avg for LS in Good Condition is $1208.  The last three confirmed sales are 1200 - 1200 - 1300.

FYI the avg for Khorns is $2184.  The last confirmed Khorn sale was $1000 on 03/12/2021.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

My notes say the Type AA was used 1972-1982. 

Start Dates:

1983 - AL

1984 - AL-2

1989 - AL-3

BLS factory stained and lacquered, w/s is likely walnut stain.

My LS-BLS  w/s with serial 8666301 and 8666302 have AL crossovers in them.

I bought them in 2013 for about this price, $2000.

But, mine came with a little extra in the package.

I drove home very happy! 😃

Stereo Equipment high end.pdf

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tidmack said:

Hi Lyle! Gosh, it looks like someone got a nice pair of La Scalas! Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town the last several days. Thank you for thinking of me.

they are not sold yet ------

On 3/19/2021 at 5:49 PM, opusk2k9 said:

BLS factory stained and lacquered, w/s is likely walnut stain.

My LS-BLS  w/s with serial 8666301 and 8666302 have AL crossovers in them.

I bought them in 2013 for about this price, $2000.

But, mine came with a little extra in the package.

I drove home very happy! 😃

Stereo Equipment high end.pdf 460.82 kB · 9 downloads

I call this a crazy deal , kinda like , run , sprint --hurry up ---and pay the Man -

4 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I call this a crazy deal , kinda like , run , sprint --hurry up ---and pay the Man -

Actually, it was pay the Wife!  As you might have guessed there were many interested buyers.  She posted the system and the emails kept saying I have to discuss with my husband.

I asked to please be considered first in line and it worked.  I got there, very nice couple, he was retiring from the railroad.  He told me to pay her and we loaded up the vehicle.

Very happy drive home.  I sold most of the other gear over the years to fund other purchases, but still have the La Scala and my spare pair and my other spare pair (I might have a problem).

• Like 2

Sometimes I consider the possibility of trading out my current set-up for La Scalas, at least the LCR stage, but then I always think about hunting down that third one or where I can store the orphan. Pretty much the only available upgrade path that I could realistically pull off. I can only dream of the day when I find 3-4 La Scalas ready to go out the door. In this particular case, they are only an hour away, but no way am I going to be selling 2 minty pairs of Chorus II to pay for 1 pair of LS. Pretty sure these will be here for a while anyway so I will get to spend more time drooling over the idea. If I knew someone who had an orphan already, or was willing to split, then there would be more here for me to discuss. For now I'll just hang out here.

----   ----

👁️     👁️

👃

👄