Soundstream/Krell or Adcom?

Wolfden

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

No longer have them and were think 84 model, non industrial with Zeners.

Used an H/K avr40 with think 80 watt fronts.

And, my keeper Authentic integrated made by NEC Japan, 45 wpc.

Think your electronics purchases with your LS with more power is a good to great idea.

Yeah they definitely seem to shine with more power just as my klf 30s do. Thanks

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wolfden said:

Hey Billy Bob, just out of curiosity have you ever had the opportunity to compare the sound of different Crossovers and lascala? If so what is the big difference? Also what amp are you running to them?

Sorry, on the AL, cannot recall specifically but there is a lull at around 140 hz when looking at oscilloscope that is evident to some. Topic is in the archives here and those threads would answer it better by many who posted there. Not certain how it is on your model LS.

Should have said null or dropout

Edited by billybob

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sorry, on the AL, cannot recall specifically but there is a lull at around 140 hz when looking at oscilloscope that is evident to some. Topic is in the archives here and those threads would answer it better by many who posted there. Not certain how it is on your model LS.

Should have said null or dropout

Yes I have read thread upon thread on here and various other sites saying what they don't like about them however you seemed to not mind the sound of them so to me that says we have kind of the same hearing that's why I was asking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfden said:

Yes I have read thread upon thread on here and various other sites saying what they don't like about them however you seemed to not mind the sound of them so to me that says we have kind of the same hearing that's why I was asking.

Alright good. Just looked for it so glad you are aware.

Some music calls for volume.

I tend to enjoy that music at volume also. Certainly a Carver A500X amp at 250 wpc I had also agreed.

6 minutes ago, Wolfden said:

Yeah that 140 Hertz or so sounds like a bout the same spot I couldn't handle with the Sunfire amp

Sounds about right. At the moment, I only have 3 pair of Klipsch speakers.

Looking for a larger space local if possible, to possibly go industrial LaScala next, as the well known member who purchased mine recommended.

As said, I use volume control and they require a decent amount of space to shine, as you said.

19 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sounds about right. At the moment, I only have 3 pair of Klipsch speakers.

Looking for a larger space local if possible, to possibly go industrial LaScala next, as the well known member who purchased mine recommended.

As said, I use volume control and they require a decent amount of space to shine, as you said.

Well I don't really have the space as I am probably eight to nine feet away from them I'm pretty sure they would be even better at some distance but I can only work with what I got, space is definitely an issue which is why I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep them, but for now with good clean power I'm good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfden said:

Well I don't really have the space as I am probably eight to nine feet away from them I'm pretty sure they would be even better at some distance but I can only work with what I got, space is definitely an issue which is why I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep them, but for now with good clean power I'm good

Lol, yes I remember now, you were deciding.

Hope you keep them, if works out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 4:26 PM, billybob said:

Lol, yes I remember now, you were deciding.

Hope you keep them, if works out.

Okay so, these lascala Industrials are going nowhere, at least for the time being even though they're huge and taking up way too much space in my room . if anybody that hasn't yet but gets the opportunity to listen to these with the right amplifier even with the so-called dreaded Al crossover please do so. A while back I was asking for opinions on what amp to pair with this particular speaker with this particular crossover as I had limited options availability and budget, so 3 amps later I can honestly tell you in my opinion that this Soundstream da1 amp with this particular set of speakers kicks ***. I love the Sunfire 300 but not with the lascala Industrials, it kicks *** on the klf 30s though. I also tried the Adcom 555 ll with the lascala Industrials but again was lacking clarity, there was a lot of distortion in certain ranges which literally hurt my ears. So last but definitely not least I hooked up the Soundstream da1 and excuse my French but I ******* love it it's been about 2 weeks, just sounds better the more I listen to them with this particular amp. I don't have a whole lot of experience with this, but I certainly highly recommend this particular amp with this particular set of speakers. I honestly believe I found a rare and Hidden Gem in this amp. Again I as many folks on these forms are not familiar with this particular amp but I am so happy I lucked in 2 it. As we all know the Adcom ain't no joke but right now it's taking second stage to the Soundstream and will be used as a backup in case something does happen to the DA one

• Thanks 1

Very good news! You may be new to this but, you are experienced now.

Glad you are able to check them out. In my new neighborhood, I do my best at times. Krell may well had a hand in your new to you find.

Thanks for the update...

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Very good news! You may be new to this but, you are experienced now.

Glad you are able to check them out. In my new neighborhood, I do my best at times. Krell may well had a hand in your new to you find.

Thanks for the update...

Sound is very personal, thank you Billy Bob for your response

• Like 1