1972 La Scala's $2,300 - thoughts?

MarkVirginia

Welcome to the forum!
Since the price is higher than I would like to pay, would say go ahead with your HT plans.
Give it time and will see others opinions ... Thanks!
[mention=79842]MarkVirginia[/mention]
I agree or keep you eye out for a pair around $1200.00

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A-55Gs, CT-120s, A/4500, Crites woofers.

And comes with the stock AA, and an recapped A crossover, stock K-77s, and K-55Vs.

Hmmm...

Someone has done ALL the legwork for you.

If I was(were?) new to LaScalas this would be a dream find.

• Like 2

Let me evaluate these in stock form then I'll consider the add-ons.

1972 LS in Good condition average $1208.  I don't give it any greater value for the grills but since the Seller cut off the OEM grill I would deduct $100 from the average.  It's hard to see the condition because of lack of pics but I'll say these are in Good condition, as opposed to Average/Poor.  They have both Klipsch badges.  With OEM XO's I would knock off another $100, the cost of updating.  That puts these at $1000.

Now for the interesting part.

For a total of $1366:

Crites A/4500 XO - $260

Crites Type A XO $235

Crites CT-120 - tweeters $240

Crites K55-G Mid - $365

Crites Woofers $266

+++

You could sell off the used stock parts to recoup part of your investment $325 rough estimate.

K-77 Tweet pair - $75

K55-V - pair $150

Woofer - pair guessing $100.

+++

Bottom line:  A stock LS worth  $1000 with $1366 worth of add-ons is right on the asking price of $2300.  Sell off the Crites Type A and the OEM parts deduct $445.  That brings your total cost for an updated LS after sell-offs to $1855.

The asking price of $2300 is not a crazy price as it looked at first glance.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Let me evaluate these in stock form then I'll consider the add-ons.

1972 LS in Good condition average $1208.  I don't give it any greater value for the grills but since the Seller cut off the OEM grill I would deduct $100 from the average.  It's hard to see the condition because of lack of pics but I'll say these are in Good condition, as opposed to Average/Poor.  They have both Klipsch badges.  With OEM XO's I would knock off another $100, the cost of updating.  That puts these at $1000.

Now for the interesting part.

For a total of $1366:

Crites A/4500 XO - $260

Crites Type A XO $235

Crites CT-120 - tweeters $240

Crites K55-G Mid - $365

Crites Woofers $266

+++

You could sell off the used stock parts to recoup part of your investment $325 rough estimate.

K-77 Tweet pair - $75

K55-V - pair $150

Woofer - pair guessing $100.

+++

Bottom line:  A stock LS worth  $1000 with $1366 worth of add-ons is right on the asking price of $2300.  Sell off the Crites Type A and the OEM parts deduct $445.  That brings your total cost for an updated LS after sell-offs to $1855.

The asking price of $2300 is not a crazy price as it looked at first glance.

Thank you very much for the analysis. 

Leaning towards the RF7 III solution at this point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

You might try Cory on here, he's a Klipsch dealer and takes care of us.

A lot of us have bought from Cory, including me.  He started out like one of us, a regular contributor on this forum.  He then signed on with Klipsch as a dealer and his busines has just skyrocketed due to great customer service and better prices than you can find anywhere, local or online.  Highly recommended.

Cory is located in Paducah, Kentucky and ships everywhere, safely.  To send him a PM, click on the link below.

@Paducah Home Theater

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

A lot of us have bought from Cory, including me.  He started out like one of us, a regular contributor on this forum.  He then signed on with Klipsch as a dealer and his busines has just skyrocketed due to great customer service and better prices than you can find anywhere, local or online.  Highly recommended.

Cory is located in Paducah, Kentucky and ships everywhere, safely.  To send him a note, click on the link below.

@Paducah Home Theater

And Steven as well. I haven't met Cory but I have met Steven, great guy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:
24 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Cory is located in Paducah, Kentucky and ships everywhere, safely.  To send him a note, click on the link below.

@Paducah Home Theater

And Steven as well. I haven't met Cory but I have met Steven, great guy. 

Agree!

Contact Steven Due at:   @Scrappydue

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Cory is located in Paducah, Kentucky and ships everywhere, safely.  To send him a PM, click on the link below.

@Paducah Home Theater

Thank you on the Corey suggestion. Did ping him already and will go with Corey when ready.

I am planning for a HT with RF7-III left and right RC-64 III and 12" or larger subwoofer(s) (there are several non-Klipsch options available, SVS and others) second phase would be to add rears.

The other Corey discussion topic will be the receiver and amps - probably atleast a 7.2 or 9.2 system - probably Marantx/Parasound/XPA.

Knowing that, is there a next higher level available for the RF7 configuration? From my reviewing it looks like the RF7 III is the upper end for Klipsch HT solutions.

Thoughts?

• Like 1