Bi-Amping Advise

Joe Carter

I am toying with the idea bi-amping my Heresy IVs, but I’m not sure what I need to pull it off. Truth is, I really don’t know what I need. Is there a moderately priced receiver (Tube or SS) which I can purchase to use with a my Yamaha R-N602 stereo receiver? The receive is a workhorse. It’s on 11 or 12 hours a day streaming SiriusXM, Pandora, Net Radio, Apple Airplay or playing CDs. I’m addicted to it. From what I can gather, it seems that the Yamaha may not be able to connect to a second amp for bi-amping, but I’m not really sure. I know the knowledge here is vast. Any info or suggestions would be very appreciated.

I have looked at the technical data of the Yamaha R-N 602 and it is indeed so that you can not disconnect the power amplifier to operate only the preamplifier with a separate power amplifier.

160814.yamaha-r-n602-anschluesse.jpg.efc05531ce36681d03178453d3566ad6.jpg

Only suggestion would be to run the power amplifier in A/B mode. On the A output the high-mid and on B the bass connect to the Bi Wire terminal. This is not a real Bi Amping but at least " pseudo " Bi Wire ". For this you need a total of 8 speaker cables.

160814.yamaha-r-n602-kabelklemmen.jpg.9a1d437c69cc8f7b0ffc871c53daefae.jpg