Klipsch Cache of Speakers in Alaska

ThomasD.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/596567071226535/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Talked to owner and her husband was quite a Klipsch fan.  Also has a pair of H1's for sale.  She wants $3K for the LS's & $1K for the KV4/CF4's.  LS's sure look to be in good shape.  Had her get the SN off the LS's.  Consecutive 1980 pair of Birch waltnut stained.  Already has someone coming to look at them this week and I'm 300 miles away.  But might be a find for someone.

• Like 1

@billybob

I say this every time decent speakers present themselves for sale in this state:  Rarely available & over priced but shipping a pair of these LS behemoths from down south even if a steal of a deal just isn't practical.  Think these might be worth a little more just due to our location. The owner is truly unaware of what she has and is relying on a 'friends' advice for pricing.  Didn't know the KV-4's were considered sub woofer material, LOL.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ThomasD. said:

@billybob

I say this every time decent speakers present themselves for sale in this state:  Rarely available & over priced but shipping a pair of these LS behemoths from down south even if a steal of a deal just isn't practical.  Think these might be worth a little more just due to our location. The owner is truly unaware of what she has and is relying on a 'friends' advice for pricing.  Didn't know the KV-4's were considered sub woofer material, LOL.

Oh, it will probably sell alright. 

Would jump if looking for either

I tend to go conservative down here.

Lol, No bass needed with that center(sw)other than the 4s...stay warm?

• Like 1

...stay warm????   Not really. I’m up in the interior at McKinley Village working on a Fire station addition. It was -20 this morning. Sun has some solar gain and it will warm up to the teens above by late this afternoon but spring time in Alaska can still be a b..ch!  

35 minutes ago, ThomasD. said:

...stay warm????   Not really. I’m up in the interior at McKinley Village working on a Fire station addition. It was -20 this morning. Sun has some solar gain and it will warm up to the teens above by late this afternoon but spring time in Alaska can still be a b..ch!  

Well stay cool then...sweating my natural down here, waiting on the next cool front.

Any places for rent there with ac?

Everyplace here has A/C. We open the door/window and viola A/C. !!  Seriously our summers are getting warmer and warmer. Have a couple portable A/C units for my wife’s benefit. She’s in that time of life where her temperature is constantly in flux. 

22 minutes ago, ThomasD. said:

Everyplace here has A/C. We open the door/window and viola A/C. !!  Seriously our summers are getting warmer and warmer. Have a couple portable A/C units for my wife’s benefit. She’s in that time of life where her temperature is constantly in flux. 

Understand...how about the bugs? Bet they are hardy.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:47 AM, billybob said:

Oh, it will probably sell alright. 

Would jump if looking for either

I tend to go conservative down here.

Lol, No bass needed with that center(sw)other than the 4s...stay warm?

Dangit! Dangit! Dangit! 

Owner called me back yesterday and said the first potential buyer backed out over the phone but had 3 more people on the list to look at the LS's but because I had contacted her before they had and given her so much information about them she felt her husband (deceased) would have wanted to give me the next option to purchase for $2500,00.........Sent the check out today. 

I know, I know, I over paid and probably could have haggled her down.  Don't haggle well and I'm a sucker for widows and offspring selling their parents gear. Will probably be getting divorced trying to convince my wife that LaScalas just 'seem' bigger than they really are.

In my defense they are from the original owner, seemingly well kept except for some top panel discoloration/striations that almost appear to be sun damage since they originated in Texas and there hasn't been a pair of LS's offered up here for the last 5 or 6 years.

These were only used for 2 channel and the black CV/KV4's were the HT system with a pair of HBR's for rear surrounds. I believe the CV4 are the earlier version as she believes her husband bought them as soon as they came out.  Anyway I don't really want or need them but she said she's take whatever I thought was a fair price for them if they aren't sold by the time I make the 600 mile round trip next month to pick up the LS's.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2021 at 12:46 PM, ThomasD. said:

1k$ for a pair of CF-4  plus a KV-4 center is a super deal , the CF-4 is 1500-2000$  in the USA , , a KV-4  500$  ,   these 3 speakers are  designed by  @Chief bonehead    , to match up ----2  twelve inch woofers per speaker 300wpc on the CF-4 ,  8 inch woofers for the  KV-4    , and 1 main driver for the HF on  a Tractrix horn -

-the KV4 / Epic CF-4   -----all drivers are Neodymium magnets , for the woofers and the HF -

-the HF horn of the CF-4   is the size of the new Cornwall 4   -the HF of the KV-4 is the same size as the Epic CF-1-2

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

Dangit! Dangit! Dangit! 

Owner called me back yesterday and said the first potential buyer backed out over the phone but had 3 more people on the list to look at the LS's but because I had contacted her before they had and given her so much information about them she felt her husband (deceased) would have wanted to give me the next option to purchase for $2500,00.........Sent the check out today. 

I know, I know, I over paid and probably could have haggled her down.  Don't haggle well and I'm a sucker for widows and offspring selling their parents gear. Will probably be getting divorced trying to convince my wife that LaScalas just 'seem' bigger than they really are.

In my defense they are from the original owner, seemingly well kept except for some top panel discoloration/striations that almost appear to be sun damage since they originated in Texas and there hasn't been a pair of LS's offered up here for the last 5 or 6 years.

These were only used for 2 channel and the black CV/KV4's were the HT system with a pair of HBR's for rear surrounds. I believe the CV4 are the earlier version as she believes her husband bought them as soon as they came out.  Anyway I don't really want or need them but she said she's take whatever I thought was a fair price for them if they aren't sold by the time I make the 600 mile round trip next month to pick up the LS's.

Well, stuff just happens sometimes. Hope all goes well and, the wife should know how meant to be both of yours they are. LS after all is code for ladies speakers.

As for the CF-4 well, you will have to wait to see...cool.

• Like 1