Streaming HBO Max

D-Rex

I have been trying incessantly to get HBO Max to stream across my bluray player or even my receiver but with no luck.  My TV is not smart enough to stream it directly.

So tell me, what do you use to stream HBO Max or Paramount?  Do I have to buy a Firestick or Roku Stick to stream these sites?

I cannot speak specifically for HBO max, as we don't have HBO Max in South Africa, but with streaming apps in general it will depend on what Blue-Ray player you have. If your player allows you to search for and install apps, and you can find and download the HBO Max app, then it's just a matter of installing it, purchasing a subscription and logging into your account on your player. However, if your player doesn't support the HBO Max app, then you'll need an external TV Box or stick like the ones you mentioned... make sure you get one that is known to work well with HBO max.

• Like 1

I access it either thru my Xfinity service (thier app section) or thru my FireTv devices. HBO is part of my Xfinity subscription so there is no additional charge for HBO Max.

HBO Max is a web based platform and I actually prefer the video quality of the FireTv over the Xfinity access.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, Bossfan said:

I use a Roku premier and A couple of different Chromecasts. Both work well. 

I broke down and bought a ROKU Premiere... I can stream most everything now so I guess it is worth it.  😁

3 hours ago, D-Rex said:

I broke down and bought a ROKU Premiere... I can stream most everything now so I guess it is worth it.  😁

Cool that is my favorite streamer, I like the search function the best as it searches across all streaming services to give you options as to what service may have a particular title for free.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...