RP500M vs. RP600M

Atomic4877

I was wondering on the difference between the RP500M vs. the RP600M for rear surrounds. Would there be any discernible difference between the two when using as rear surrounds? My currently setup is L/R RF-7iii’s, C RC64iii, SS RP502’s and FH/RH’s RP500SA. I currently have the RP500M’s as my rear surrounds, but wanted to see if it would be worth while to upgrade? I can upgrade to the 600M’s for very little out of pocket cost as I found a very good used pair. Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Atomic4877 said:

I found a very good used pair (600M). Any help would be appreciated.

Grab those 600M especially if you can get a good deal on them.  Add a little 100 wpc mini-amp and they go great anywhere.  Bedroom TV speakers, computer setup, etc.  I think you'll find a place for one of the best Klipsch speakers for-the-money in the current line up.

I own the 600M.  I've not heard the 500M.

723126217_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview.thumb.JPG.a7ae410117694c96ee0a4dbed5c93e32.JPG

4 hours ago, Atomic4877 said:

I was wondering on the difference between the RP500M vs. the RP600M for rear surrounds. Would there be any discernible difference between the two when using as rear surrounds? My currently setup is L/R RF-7iii’s, C RC64iii, SS RP502’s and FH/RH’s RP500SA. I currently have the RP500M’s as my rear surrounds, but wanted to see if it would be worth while to upgrade? I can upgrade to the 600M’s for very little out of pocket cost as I found a very good used pair. Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Grab those 600M especially if you can get a good deal on them.  Add a little 100 wpc mini-amp and they go great anywhere.  Bedroom TV speakers, computer setup, etc.  I think you'll find a place for one of the best Klipsch speakers for-the-money in the current line up.

I own the 600M.  I've not heard the 500M.

723126217_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview.thumb.JPG.a7ae410117694c96ee0a4dbed5c93e32.JPG

Yes....grab them if they are priced well. They do have a larger sound than the 500, might not notice it placed as read surrounds, like Wuzzer said. 

• Like 1