Klipsch Reference Premier Home Theatre Build - Suggest best receiver and Speakers to buy please

Fero

The theater room we are trying to set this up is 33 feet long and 16 feet wide. Looking to build a very good movie theatre system with budget around $12,000. Please suggest a system for the same. 

I currently have the following speakers already bought/some were form another old system.

1. Klipsch 5.25 2 way Bookshelf speaker - pair

2. Klipsch RP-140SA REFR PREM ATMOS.BK - pair

3. Klipsch- 8060FA-2-way FS SPKR W/DBY  - Pair

4. Klipsch - RP280FA DOLBY ATMOS Front SPKR - Pair

Now what of these can I use and what new i need to buy. need suggestions on Receiver as well please. Looking to build like a 11 point system. All suggestions welcome.

10 hours ago, Fero said:

Klipsch- 8060FA-2-way FS SPKR W/DBY  - Pair

I believe these are the RP-8000F's but just with Dolby Atmos up firing modules on top. If that's the case, you can't go wrong with these bad boys, so I would keep these, but just don't connect the up firing Atmos modules. Instead, I would use in-ceiling speakers for the Dolby Atmos height channels, however if you don't want to install speakers in your ceiling, you could mount the Klipsch RP-140SA's high on the front and back walls for your Dolby Atmos height channels. You'll need a second pair of these if you want to do 7.1.4, or sell the RP-140SA's and get in-ceiling speakers: PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING or CDT-5800-C II IN-CEILING speakers.

10 hours ago, Fero said:

Klipsch 5.25 2 way Bookshelf speaker - pair

I don't know this speaker...

10 hours ago, Fero said:

Klipsch - RP280FA DOLBY ATMOS Front SPKR - Pair

You could use these as your surround speakers if you have the space, but since they include an up firing Dolby Atmos module again that you don't want to be using, I think it might make more sense to sell these, and get 4 x RP-600M's for your surrounds and rear surrounds...

Then you need a minimum of one subwoofer, but I would suggest you try and invest in two subs. Ideally, 2 x SPL-150 or the largest subs you can afford from SVS or other highly rated sub brands.

Nothing wrong with either of those receiver choices, they are both excellent from what I hear. 

I hope this helps.

Brendon

Update: I forgot to add that I've ignored your budget and costs etc because I don't live in the USA, so I'm not familiar with your prices etc. But as @wvu80 says below, if you can afford it, you could sell the 2 pairs of towers you have, and go all in with the RF7 iii series and the RC-64 III center, which would be the ultimate, but they don't come cheap, at least not where I live... 🙂

I also just realized that you don't have a center speaker in your list. So you'll need the RC-64 III if you're upgrading to the RF7 series, or the RP-504C if you're sticking with the RP series... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fero said:

Looking to build a very good movie theatre system with budget around $12,000. Please suggest a system for the same. 

Thanks for the location info.  Let me suggest a couple of things.

You said you have about $12K to spend.  You can get an excellent system for that much.  Is the $12K for audio only, or does that include upgrading the theater room treatments, seats, projector and screen?

I saw you are considering the Denon 6700 and the Marantz 8015.  You really can't go wrong with either one, both are excellent from everything I've read or seen.  I have never heard either one, I own a Marantz SR-6011 with an external 5 channel amp, Emotiva XPA-5.

Briefly, you probably want to consider the Klipsch RF series of speakers.  That is their flagship line.

R= Entry level

RP, Reference Premier = Mid tier

RF  and the center RC-64 III = Flagship This has the best sound and furniture grade cabinets.  Made in Hope, Arkansas

+++

I'll stop here for the moment.  You will find others will give you suggestions as well.  We have really knowledgeable people on this forum.  The people who own this equipment, the AVR's that you are interested in, for instance are in the best position to guide you in that area.

I would also suggest you talk with @Paducah Home Theater, Cory.  Or @Scrappydue, Steven, two good dudes.  They work  together and are a Klipsch dealer and they sell other stuff like AVR's.  They ship the big box speakers to you not with UPS Fed Ex etc, but with a carrier on a pallet for safe shipping. Their prices great and are regular members of this forum.  I have bought from them and their prices and service are the best I've seen.  They will sell to you, but they don't try to "sell you" something, if that makes any sense. 

These are some of the receiver I am currently considering 

1. Denon AVR-X6700H
2. Marantz SR8015

Please let me know if you would suggest any other receiver 

Been in the USA you’ll have easy access to the monoprice htp-1. That would be my top choice and great value for money also. I have the x8500h and I’m in Australia so no htp-1 sold anywhere here otherwise I would definitely have got one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, inMotionGraphics said:

I believe these are the RP-8000F's but just with Dolby Atmos up firing modules on top. If that's the case, you can't go wrong with these bad boys, so I would keep these, but just don't connect the up firing Atmos modules. Instead, I would use in-ceiling speakers for the Dolby Atmos height channels, however if you don't want to install speakers in your ceiling, you could mount the Klipsch RP-140SA's high on the front and back walls for your Dolby Atmos height channels. You'll need a second pair of these if you want to do 7.1.4, or sell the RP-140SA's and get in-ceiling speakers: PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING or CDT-5800-C II IN-CEILING speakers.

okay I can buy the ceiling speakers between these two which one should I get ??

PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING or CDT-5800-C II IN-CEILING 

keeping price apart personally which one would u choose and how many should I get ??

I don't know this speaker...

You could use these as your surround speakers if you have the space, but since they include an up firing Dolby Atmos module again that you don't want to be using, I think it might make more sense to sell these, and get 4 x RP-600M's for your surrounds and rear surrounds...

I’ll try and get 4 - RP-600M

I have one pair of the Klipsch RP-500M already should I use tat ??

Then you need a minimum of one subwoofer, but I would suggest you try and invest in two subs. Ideally, 2 x SPL-150 or the largest subs you can afford from SVS or other highly rated sub brands.

Nothing wrong with either of those receiver choices, they are both excellent from what I hear. 

I hope this helps.

Brendon

Update: I forgot to add that I've ignored your budget and costs etc because I don't live in the USA, so I'm not familiar with your prices etc. But as @wvu80 says below, if you can afford it, you could sell the 2 pairs of towers you have, and go all in with the RF7 iii series and the RC-64 III center, which would be the ultimate, but they don't come cheap, at least not where I live... 🙂

I also just realized that you don't have a center speaker in your list. So you'll need the RC-64 III if you're upgrading to the RF7 series, or the RP-504C if you're sticking with the RP series... 

14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Thanks for the location info.  Let me suggest a couple of things.

You said you have about $12K to spend.  You can get an excellent system for that much.  Is the $12K for audio only, or does that include upgrading the theater room treatments, seats, projector and screen?

this is just for audio and projector screen

I saw you are considering the Denon 6700 and the Marantz 8015.  You really can't go wrong with either one, both are excellent from everything I've read or seen.  I have never heard either one, I own a Marantz SR-6011 with an external 5 channel amp, Emotiva XPA-5.

these two are the once I am considering but open to other suggestions as well, do you have any other suggestions for receiver ?

Briefly, you probably want to consider the Klipsch RF series of speakers.  That is their flagship line.

R= Entry level

RP, Reference Premier = Mid tier

RF  and the center RC-64 III = Flagship This has the best sound and furniture grade cabinets.  Made in Hope, Arkansas

+++

which would be the best ever CENTER speaker, I remember from your previous post that CENTER speaker does most work and to spend the best on it. Let me know I want to get the best Center speaker

14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'll stop here for the moment.  You will find others will give you suggestions as well.  We have really knowledgeable people on this forum.  The people who own this equipment, the AVR's that you are interested in, for instance are in the best position to guide you in that area.

I would also suggest you talk with @Paducah Home Theater, Cory.  Or @Scrappydue, Steven, two good dudes.  They work  together and are a Klipsch dealer and they sell other stuff like AVR's.  They ship the big box speakers to you not with UPS Fed Ex etc, but with a carrier on a pallet for safe shipping. Their prices great and are regular members of this forum.  I have bought from them and their prices and service are the best I've seen.  They will sell to you, but they don't try to "sell you" something, if that makes any sense. 

You have an excellent starting base already. The RP-8060FA and the RP-280FA are essentially the same speaker, RP-8060FA being the newer model. 

I would put the RP-8060FA's at the front with the Atmos section connected (assuming you have a flat ceiling).

Depending on the size of the room I would put the RP-280FA's as Side Surround's with the Atmos connected and 'Klipsch 5.25 ??) as Surround Back.

You will have to buy a Center speaker (RP- 504C, RP-404C, RP-600C and RP-500C all will do) RP-504 being the largest (I use a RP-404C with my RP-8060FA's). 

A subwoofer (or 2 or more, depending on budget and room)

The RP-140SA can stay in the box.

Both Receivers are excellent.  

Listen to this set-up first and then decide what you would want to change.

The Klipsch 5.25 are the most questionable in this configuration but as Surround Rear has limited musical content I would start with that.

There are different opinions on the ATMOS solution (ceiling mounted versus ceiling bounced), some prefer the bounced ATMOS but this depends heavily on the ceiling characteristics.

Anyway I would start with the excellent speakers you already have and work from there. A variation would be to swap the Side Surround speakers with the Rear Surrounds. 

If the Klipsch 5.25 sound too different RP-600M's would blend in well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fero said:

okay I can buy the ceiling speakers between these two which one should I get ??

PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING or CDT-5800-C II IN-CEILING 

9 hours ago, Fero said:

keeping price apart personally which one would u choose and how many should I get ??

I haven't heard the CDT-5800-C II IN-CEILING myself, but it's what most people were using for Atmos over the past few years. However, when I contacted Klipsch support to ask them which in-ceiling speakers I should get that will work best with both their RP and RF ranges, they recommended the PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING's to me, so I went with those. And when I was looking up the CDT-5800-C II IN-CEILING on their website to get the exact model number before I replied to you, I couldn't find it on their website, so either I was looking in the wrong category, or these are being discontinued. It doesn't mean you can't get them anymore, but I definitely know for sure that the PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING are a much newer model. I'm love my PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING and can definitely recommend them for pairing with Klipsch's top of the range lines.

But @JefDC makes a very good suggestion, before you run out and buy any new speakers, rather set up what you have already, including the upfiring Atmos modules to see what you like and don't like about your current quiver. That way you also have some reference points to compare your upgrades to. But I am very confident you will end up preferring in-ceiling speakers to bouncing Atmos modules, provided you are willing to cut holes in your ceiling... 😉

9 hours ago, Fero said:

I’ll try and get 4 - RP-600M

I have one pair of the Klipsch RP-500M already should I use tat ??

You can most definitely use the RP-500M's and you should use them rather than wasting money replacing them with a pair of 600M's. So I would use the 600M's as surrounds, and then your 500M's as rear surrounds.

But there are very experienced guys that have been using Klipsch speakers far longer than I have giving you great advice here, so I suggest you consider all the different recommendations and then choose the rout that makes the most sense for your situation and budget... 🙂

9 hours ago, Fero said:

which would be the best ever CENTER speaker, I remember from your previous post that CENTER speaker does most work and to spend the best on it. Let me know I want to get the best Center speaker

The center speaker is definitely the most important speaker in a home theatre setup in my opinion, followed by the subwoofers... I do like me some good bass... 😉 

The best center in the current Klipsch line up would be the RC-64 III I believe, but you only really need this one if you plan to upgrade your Main speakers to the RF-7iii line in my humble opinion... otherwise I think you'll be quite well served with the RP-504C, which would be the top of the line center for the RP range. 

I hope this helps.

Brendon

7 hours ago, inMotionGraphics said:

I haven't heard the CDT-5800-C II IN-CEILING myself, but it's what most people were using for Atmos over the past few years. However, when I contacted Klipsch support to ask them which in-ceiling speakers I should get that will work best with both their RP and RF ranges, they recommended the PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING's to me, so I went with those. And when I was looking up the CDT-5800-C II IN-CEILING on their website to get the exact model number before I replied to you, I couldn't find it on their website, so either I was looking in the wrong category, or these are being discontinued. It doesn't mean you can't get them anymore, but I definitely know for sure that the PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING are a much newer model. I'm love my PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING and can definitely recommend them for pairing with Klipsch's top of the range lines.

done sure then I guess in that case I’ll buy whichever comes for a good price, I believe I’ll need 4 of this right 2 in front and 2 at the back ? 

But @JefDC makes a very good suggestion, before you run out and buy any new speakers, rather set up what you have already, including the upfiring Atmos modules to see what you like and don't like about your current quiver. That way you also have some reference points to compare your upgrades to. But I am very confident you will end up preferring in-ceiling speakers to bouncing Atmos modules, provided you are willing to cut holes in your ceiling... 😉

the theatre room is new construction, after the set up is decided only then the interior along with wiring will be completed

You can most definitely use the RP-500M's and you should use them rather than wasting money replacing them with a pair of 600M's. So I would use the 600M's as surrounds, and then your 500M's as rear surrounds.

perfect then I’ll just get one pair of the 600M for the surround and use 500m back 

But there are very experienced guys that have been using Klipsch speakers far longer than I have giving you great advice here, so I suggest you consider all the different recommendations and then choose the rout that makes the most sense for your situation and budget... 🙂

The center speaker is definitely the most important speaker in a home theatre setup in my opinion, followed by the subwoofers... I do like me some good bass... 😉 

which subwoofer should I get ?? Will the receiver support 2 subwoofer same time ?

The best center in the current Klipsch line up would be the RC-64 III I believe, but you only really need this one if you plan to upgrade your Main speakers to the RF-7iii line in my humble opinion... otherwise I think you'll be quite well served with the RP-504C, which would be the top of the line center for the RP range. 

sure I think I’ll go with the 504C, I love it since I currently use that for my system. 

I hope this helps.

Brendon

thank you so much Brendon, this is really helpful for me

also we are planning on doing behind screen speakers any thoughts on that? 

is that a good approach ?

what receiver would be your personal choice ?

12 hours ago, JefDC said:

You have an excellent starting base already. The RP-8060FA and the RP-280FA are essentially the same speaker, RP-8060FA being the newer model. 

I would put the RP-8060FA's at the front with the Atmos section connected (assuming you have a flat ceiling).

Depending on the size of the room I would put the RP-280FA's as Side Surround's with the Atmos connected and 'Klipsch 5.25 ??) as Surround Back.

You will have to buy a Center speaker (RP- 504C, RP-404C, RP-600C and RP-500C all will do) RP-504 being the largest (I use a RP-404C with my RP-8060FA's). 

A subwoofer (or 2 or more, depending on budget and room)

The RP-140SA can stay in the box.

Both Receivers are excellent.  

Listen to this set-up first and then decide what you would want to change.

The Klipsch 5.25 are the most questionable in this configuration but as Surround Rear has limited musical content I would start with that.

There are different opinions on the ATMOS solution (ceiling mounted versus ceiling bounced), some prefer the bounced ATMOS but this depends heavily on the ceiling characteristics.

Anyway I would start with the excellent speakers you already have and work from there. A variation would be to swap the Side Surround speakers with the Rear Surrounds. 

If the Klipsch 5.25 sound too different RP-600M's would blend in well.

hi thank you so much for the suggestion, I just came across the behind screen speaker and we want to do the same. In that case I believe the top firing atmos won’t be any good right ?

also since the internal is going to be designed after we buy the speakers we are planning on placing all speakers within the walls. What are your thoughts on keeping speakers outside vs within the walls 

5 hours ago, Fero said:

hi thank you so much for the suggestion, I just came across the behind screen speaker and we want to do the same. In that case I believe the top firing atmos won’t be any good right ?

also since the internal is going to be designed after we buy the speakers we are planning on placing all speakers within the walls. What are your thoughts on keeping speakers outside vs within the walls 

Behind a screen the up firing Atmos will definitely not work.

Hard to imagine the large RP-8060FA's inside a wall, but it would remove nulls from reflected waves. 

• Like 1