Klipsch Factory Employees

CLUBSTA

Friends I know who worked at the Harley Davidson Factory had a similar purchase program. Loyal employees were allowed to buy 1 new bike every year and they would usually sell it the month before the big Sturgis Rally the next year. Every year you got the newest ride. 4 or 5 years later you had a free bike. I heard similar things from the GMC factory crowd. Not surprised to hear that the Klipsch employees were able to work their way up the ladder so to speak. If I had the choice between these three employee programs, I would have taken the free Harley. Sorry Klipsch.

• Like 1

When I started out as a salesman in the HiFi business(from 1973 to 1979 before becoming part owner of my own dealership), EVERY manufacturer had an incentive program for all involved. 50% was the standard. That was the only way any of us could afford what we had system wise.

I however purchased my first set of Klipsch at full retail from a lovely sales lady named Rita who worked in a shop on the corner of University and Shattuck in Berkeley, Ca. Bought them in 1976 three years BEFORE i became a dealer.

For a pair of LSBR, I paid the outrageous price of $1118.25 for the pair out the door incl. Ca. State sales tax. I was robbed, LMAO!

My system at that time consisted of the new La Scalas,  The AWESOME Pioneer Spec 1 Preamp and Spec 2 power amp and a Sony PS-8750 DD TT with a Stanton 681EEE cart. You talk about a mean, badazz, Mofo of a system, look it up. All was able to happen due to the 50% off on the Pioneer and Sony gear.

Once we started the dealership in 1979, if we wanted a new pair of Heritage, we went back to the warehouse, loaded them in our vehicle and took them home. Lol! It was like being in Heaven I imagine. HaHa!

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 2:21 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

Today we see the Museum editions and other special editions...but back in THOSE days the "oooos and aaaahs" available were MOSTLY for the "employee specials"!

Does it all make sense now??

call it pride ---Klipsch Employees actually loved the Speakers they made on a Daily basis enough to take them  home , for  listening to music   ,     sure sounds like the ole days were Good Days gone by   -