Jump to content

RC-64 III


WAC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes. I have a Salamander Designs Synergy 345 - link below. This stand has space for my RC-7. My RC-7 measures 26"W, 9.1"H and 13.5"D.

Your RC-64iii is 35.8W, 8"H and 15"D.

The center speaker opening in my Synergy 345 is over 40" - so the RC64-iii will be a perfect fit.

 

https://www.salamanderdesigns.com/av-cabinets/synergy-model-345/

 

There is a fair amount of customization that can be done when ordering. It comes unassembled and goes together like any other furniture you put together.

I searched high and low for this back in 2009. I could not find anything to fit the height of the RC-7. IIRC the height of the opening is listed at 9". I had to remove the rubber feet on the center shelf to get the RC-7 in there. You won't have this issue.

I have an 85" Sony TV on top too.

 

They are not cheap, but good stuff is usually not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2021 at 1:15 AM, Ceptorman said:

I don't know of any cabinets, but some people place their TV on top of their RC64 speakers.

I just ordered a RC64 for that exact purpose. My 75" TV stand will fit perfectly on top of it. 

 

This is my first post here as I just bought my first Klipsch this weekend. New Forte III and now have the RC64 on order as well from GreenToe

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/28/2021 at 10:37 PM, rotts4u said:

I just ordered a RC64 for that exact purpose. My 75" TV stand will fit perfectly on top of it. 

 

This is my first post here as I just bought my first Klipsch this weekend. New Forte III and now have the RC64 on order as well from GreenToe

 

Welcome.....you're in for a real treat with those speakers. Let us know your impressions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/28/2021 at 9:37 PM, rotts4u said:

I just ordered a RC64 for that exact purpose. My 75" TV stand will fit perfectly on top of it. 

 

This is my first post here as I just bought my first Klipsch this weekend. New Forte III and now have the RC64 on order as well from GreenToe

 

Good luck with the timbre match with the Fortes and the RC64 - I tried an RC3 with my Forte 1's, and it was terrible.  Hopefully, the all-newer and modern components will match up.  They certainly didn't in my case.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2021 at 6:44 AM, Amstaff said:

Yes. I have a Salamander Designs Synergy 345 - link below. This stand has space for my RC-7. My RC-7 measures 26"W, 9.1"H and 13.5"D.

Your RC-64iii is 35.8W, 8"H and 15"D.

The center speaker opening in my Synergy 345 is over 40" - so the RC64-iii will be a perfect fit.

 

https://www.salamanderdesigns.com/av-cabinets/synergy-model-345/

 

There is a fair amount of customization that can be done when ordering. It comes unassembled and goes together like any other furniture you put together.

I searched high and low for this back in 2009. I could not find anything to fit the height of the RC-7. IIRC the height of the opening is listed at 9". I had to remove the rubber feet on the center shelf to get the RC-7 in there. You won't have this issue.

I have an 85" Sony TV on top too.

 

They are not cheap, but good stuff is usually not.

That is a hell of a stand! Cant believe you can find something that will house the big boy Klipsch center. It says to request a quote for a price on the site....what sort of ballpark price are we talking here? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I'm tempted to buy an RC64 III but I'm skeptical of how it matches with CWIV. I think my TV would fit on top of an RC64III. Sadly, an additional Heritage speaker is not viable as a center in my current room. For space reasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CoryGillmore said:

I'm tempted to buy an RC64 III but I'm skeptical of how it matches with CWIV. I think my TV would fit on top of an RC64III. Sadly, an additional Heritage speaker is not viable as a center in my current room. For space reasons. 

This has been the dilemma in Home Theater ever since I got into the  hobby. 3 identical well performing speakers up front would be ideal but the size of the center channel is a BIG obstacle. In the old days when people had large RPTVs Klipsch designed the RC-7 (and others) to be put on top of the monitor with adjustable feet in the back to position the speaker down towards the MLP. With the advent of the LCD flat panel monitors Klipsch invented the RC-64s with the feet in the front to tilt the speaker up from under the TV.

 

Fwiw, Klipsch also designed the Academy center channel to work with heritage and folks have posted mixed results. On that note, the KLF C-7 from the Legend series has been reported here to be a good center channel to use with the Heritage line if you can't have 3 identical speakers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2021 at 9:37 AM, rotts4u said:

I just ordered a RC64 for that exact purpose. My 75" TV stand will fit perfectly on top of it. 

 

This is my first post here as I just bought my first Klipsch this weekend. New Forte III and now have the RC64 on order as well from GreenToe

 

im buying a 77" tv but worrying if it can be placed on rc64ii. Did you manage to do it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Banks said:

im buying a 77" tv but worrying if it can be placed on rc64ii. Did you manage to do it?

I had an 80lbs plasma TV sitting on my RC-64 for for quite some time with no ill effects.  Maybe cut a piece of neoprene to protect between the stand and the wood veneer.

 

A 77" LG OLED is about 80lbs also so you should be just fine.

 

Bill

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Banks said:

im buying a 77" tv but worrying if it can be placed on rc64ii. Did you manage to do it?

I would guess the 77" TV weight itself will not be an issue for an RC-64. However, do verify that the TV stand will fit correctly(completely) on the speaker. I have an 85" TV and the stand legs are wider apart than the width of a RC-64, so it would not work. Me thinks a 77" TV falling off the speaker will make for a bad day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...