K77 update diaphragm

Matthews

2 hours ago, Matthews said:

who/where the best resource for obtaining new K77 diaphragms? 

...these are shot

Michael Crites has the cups ------I reached out  to him last week  for those , call him or email him , there are much cheaper units on EBAY , made in China for,  5-6$ a piece up to 15-20$ a piece   , never tried these ---they all look the same anyways

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Michael Crites has the cups ------I reached out  to him last week  for those , call him or email him , there are much cheaper units on EBAY , made in China for,  5-6$ a piece up to 15-20$ a piece   , never tried these ---thy all look the same anyways

thanks Randy, 
I had purchased a pair from Crites years ago.  However, at that time, the round magnet K77 diaphragm was not available.  Only square magnet replacements were available.  Wasn't sure if that was still the case? 

1 minute ago, Matthews said:

thanks Randy, 
I had purchased a pair from Crites years ago.  However, at that time, the round magnet K77 diaphragm was not available.  Only square magnet replacements were available.  Wasn't sure if that was still the case? 

all K77 diaphragms are the same   , except for the 16 ohms version ,   not sure if the cups also fit the Round magnet Alnico which is the K77  I prefer

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Matthews said:

thanks Randy, 

ebay -  13$ for a pair https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Diaphragm-for-Klipsch-Tweeter-Horn-K77-89486A-KLP-Electro-Voice-ST350-T35/283187274975?hash=item41ef46e4df:g:NaoAAOSw~ZFbsIOg

ebay --34$ a pair -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOICE-COIL-DIAPHRAGM-EV-T35-ST350-T350-KLI-K-77K-REPLACEMENT-PARTS/303780989799?hash=item46bac20b67:g:7kIAAOSwn51UaBCa

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Matthews said:

thanks Randy
34 bucks much more reasonable than 116 !!!
...not buying the yellow ones, they look a lil shady LOL

make sure to pay the order Via PAYPAL  ,and use them  and test them fully   ----ppal  will give you  close to 6 months of buyer protection -

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2021 at 12:57 AM, Matthews said:

who/where the best resource for obtaining new K77 diaphragms? 

...these are shot

I´m just asking because i´m interested, "shot" as in "totally dead" or do Your K77s just sound bad? I think one of mine is missing some high frequencies, so it´s not "dead".

I read that the magnets of these tweeters can loose strength over time and mine or over fourty years old now...