Feedback on YouTube posting

Armando

There is a video on YouTube about how to improve the sound on the RP-8000F. It asserts that there is a large gap in how the speaker measures. The poster sells a kit to replace the speaker crossover. I have not read much regarding his claim. I doubt its veracity because measurements are not an indication of SQ. Also, none of the reviewers have heard anything missing that would indicate whatever he is measuring has an impact on the speaker's SQ.

Has anyone seen this video and has a comment on it? The RP-8000Fs will leave my home over my dead body. However, I have a friend who wants to buy a pair and is hesitating because of what he saw in the video.

Thanks!

Link to video: 

• Like 1

Funny you should bring this up, as Audioholics just mentioned this video in a recent video they posted... Gene reckons this guy took his measurements way to close to the speaker, not giving the horn and bass drivers enough distance to blend properly. Audioholics on the other hand found this speaker to be the best measuring Klipsch speaker that they've measured so far.

So I think it's safe to say you can ignore the above video, and rather go with an unbiased review from someone that isn't trying to sell you an expensive upgrade to fix a problem that isn't there:

https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/klipsch-rp-8000f

Or this...

• Like 1