Chorus II vs Cornwall IV

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 9:32 AM, EpicKlipschFan said:

Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers

Bad advice! I want Klipsch to sell a million pairs of these guys so in 5-10 years I'll have an easier time finding them in the used market for a decent price... us tight wads need to encourage those who can afford new to buy them and get their friends and co-workers to buy them.. you got to think long term man!

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
On 3/29/2021 at 11:32 AM, EpicKlipschFan said:

i agree, it is subjective & based on budget....  but spending 2-3-4X more for a 5% improvement is what i would consider a huge diminishing return. 

like i said, it all comes down to what you can afford &/or justify spending. im not trying to dissuade anyone from anything, just pointing out a few very realistic points when considering a very expensive purchase.  call me frugal or a smart shopper but i dont have $6000 to throw at a pair of speakers when $1000 would get me 95+% of the same end result.  

Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers
You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers
Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways
It's still rock and roll to me  

5%? 

11 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

5%? 

This post is for epic klipsch fanatic not the chief

There are other things I could call you besides “smart shopper” or “frugal” but I do not want to be banned from this forum 😝

Edited by Fido
Full quote not inserted

I have heard the Cornwall IV and I have a pair of older La Scala (recapped) with a good sub.  I will take the La Scala's every day of the week.  The proof is hearing both speakers, and justifying the dramatic difference in cost to be a an additional debate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Bad advice! I want Klipsch to sell a million pairs of these guys so in 5-10 years I'll have an easier time finding them in the used market for a decent price... us tight wads need to encourage those who can afford new to buy them and get their friends and co-workers to buy them.. you got to think long term man!

was just a little sarcasm,  but i agree, buy a bunch of them so down the road there will be a bunch of decent priced 3 & 4 model heritage for sale!! :D 

49 minutes ago, Fido said:

This post is for epic klipsch fanatic not the chief

There are other things I could call you besides “smart shopper” or “frugal” but I do not want to be banned from this forum 😝

really?  please call me some names...

the OP asked for opinions & i gave some rational realistic reasons why i didnt feel the price difference was worth it.  sorry if you disagree with that, dont think it warrants getting all worked up over.  but by all means feel free to send me a message if youre worried about getting banned...

Yes

yes what?  for the price difference chorus 2?  or cornwall 4 are worth 4X the price of used chorus2? 

5%? 

5% was a number someone else mentioned in a post above, so i used that number in my reply.  

On 3/26/2021 at 4:41 PM, Buddy Shagmore said:

I have a pair of minty Chorus IIs (w/crites xovers & ti 'phrams) and am pretty pleased with them. I am debating with myself over passing them along to my friend's son, who has offered to buy them, and getting the Cornwall IVs.

Sounds like a good plan that will make the two of you very happy.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, billybob said:

Truly sorry to see these 2 great speakers being forced into a showdown.

I can only hope one of them one of them has the growth and courage to walk away.

Never thought I would see the day the one would be pitted against the other.

Sad day to even think it could happen.

Yeah, it's been a hot topic many times before, when the CHII had the better mid horn and could dig deeper than the Cornwall.

• Like 1

I have heard the Cornwall IV and I have a pair of older La Scala (recapped) with a good sub.  I will take the La Scala's every day of the week.  The proof is hearing both speakers, and justifying the dramatic difference in cost to be a an additional debate.

I've heard 70s era La Scalas and I wouldn't take a pair + cash for my cornwalls. The AL5 is probably a different story. But the improvements made on the CW IV make it a much more enjoyable speaker than ealier La Scalas.

To each his own...........

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I've heard 70s era La Scalas and I wouldn't take a pair + cash for my cornwalls. The AL5 is probably a different story. But the improvements made on the CW IV make it a much more enjoyable speaker than ealier La Scalas.

To each his own...........

you got it right , the AL5 is also a great speaker , but not everybody can afford it -

On 3/30/2021 at 11:21 PM, edzu1234 said:

There is NO WAY the Cornwall IV sounds better than a pair of La Scala's with a HIGH QUALITY SUB (SVS?)!!!

+1

i seem to remember Mr. Paul had K-horns and Heresys in a room and everybody thought they were listening to the K-horns but they were really listening to the Heresys