Legendary Western Electric 300B New Tube Production

MicroMara

Found a brand new article dated  march / 23rd / 2021 in a german audio magazine .

Western Electric 300B back in production

The Production of the legendary Western Electric 300B hi-fi triode is now in full swing. Using state-of-the-art technology, machinery and workflows, the 300B is being manufactured according to the original blueprints at the Western Electric plant in Rossville, Georgia.The new manufacturing process is said to allow the required manufacturing conditions to be met many times more precisely than before, resulting in a greatly extended life and an even more dynamic sound.

Each tube undergoes a 72-hour computer-controlled test and function procedure with final measurement, and each tube is supplied with its own data sheet. Based on this final inspection, a "matched" pair is assembled.In initial listening comparisons with a Western Electric NOS pair as well as tubes from other manufacturers, the new 300Bs were said to have produced a more airy and spacious soundstage that also possessed more power and dynamics than the NOS tube.

western.jpg.10858ac484f86967c3cd6cf003cf26fd.jpg

Price for a matched pair ..approx $ 1.400 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

the  Western Electric 97a monoblocks amps are 125,000$ a pair ---

https://www.westernelectric.com/97a-monoblock-amplifiers

Not only as mono amps ...they offer a brand new integrated Amp the 91E  ...Price ..unknown ...

614902103_91-EWesternElectricIntegratedAmp.jpg.8018082ccdc79b5f02d1a9c322faf657.jpg

https://www.westernelectric.com/91e

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Not only as mono amps ...they offer a brand new integrated Amp the 91E  .

They  are poised  for the  Very Wealthy Clientele ,  the Most Expensive Hybrid Tube Amps in the Industry -   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, RandyH000 said:

They  are poised  for the  Very Wealthy Clientele ,  the Most Expensive Hybrid Tube Amps in the Industry -   

The very wealthy will buy real authentic WE300B tubes not some half baked replicas.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 2:29 PM, seti said:

The very wealthy will buy real authentic WE300B tubes not some half baked replicas.

WE claim the replicas are superior - I would love to see a test made on both versions --

How do newly manufactured 300B’s compare to those manufactured in the past?

current turbomolecular vacuum technology allows us to achieve at least two decades lower (2 x 10-6) Torr than previous runs, resulting in longer tube life. It is also easier than ever to maintain cleanroom practices for increased quality control.

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2021 at 2:29 PM, seti said:

I know @rigma  and  @MZKITTY bought some.

Maybe they can give a glowing review....

Ian, I know you don't like Whitener's attitude, but the manufacturing is good

Ive had my 300b now for 6 months or so, only 50 hr on them. If i believe what i read online, they arent broke in yet. I hope not, since perhaps i had expected..more. Expectations,  my fault. Maybe its jist the way the 300b is.

My only other experience  is JJ, GL, and Emission Labs XLS

I bought the XLS when i got tired of waiting for the WE production to start back up. 2 weeks later...yea. 

As a result, both the WE and EML have too few hours for me to really know.  Ive stuck some 45 mono blocks in there for a while, then went to the Krell, so just need to leave well enough alone for a while till things settle. 

13 hours ago, Allhartfidelity said:

Im a bit sick...dang bug bit me pretty hard. 

Here is one folder to peruse.  (There are 6 others)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/a4Lf1PFzT3aNMuCz8

I must admit that I can´t compete with your quantity of audiogear . Very very nice and all my respect to you