Double Shotted!

thebes

I think this may be the perfect phrase to re-purpose as an expression or to be used by someone whose had their two Covid shots.

Previously used to describe using two cannon balls in a smooth-bore cannon, or a shortcut phrase for a double espresso, and who could forget bellying up to the bar and asking for a double-shot.

There should also be a gesture that quickly conveys you are double shotted. I'm thinking a re-purposing of the peace symbol.  Instead of raising the two fingers in a forward gesture, raise the two fingers and tap your shoulder with them.  Double-tap, of course.

I'm pretty happy with this one, but I'm still working on popular phrases to describe not having got a shot yet (vaginal?) and your first shot (struttin baby!).

As you can tell, more work is needed.

So I'm reaching out to my fellow Forum members whose skills set  includes social media. I need you to go forth to those popular social media platforms like Twitcher and Festbook and help us bring a true new mame (meme?) to transition us from these trying times to a new double shotted era.

So whose with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Alright dudes this is not about you or me, and whether we got a shot. It's about a temporary change in the language to capture a moment, a spot in time.

Think :

Hot Rod

Psychadelic

Over There

Groovy

Whatever.  Trying  to build a catch phrase here.

Can you dig it?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, thebes said:

Instead of raising the two fingers in a forward gesture, raise the two fingers and tap your shoulder with them.  Double-tap, of course.

Just got my first of two this morning. So when I tap my shoulder with only one finger, which finger should I use?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 4:51 PM, thebes said:

I'm thinking you one shot guys and guys getting your first one, should use the thumb and index finger shaped like a pistol and then just shoot the "pistol" into your arm.

Don't know what this says about me; but I kinda dig you Marty, you're a clever fellow. I'd buy you a beer (but not a white wine).  Peace Dude.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:42 PM, Edgar said:

Just got my first of two this morning. 

Got my second Pfizer yesterday morning.

Anybody see who hit me with a sledge hammer?

They say that old people generally don't react severely, because their immune systems are weakened. I've got news for them.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Edgar said:

Got my second Pfizer yesterday morning.

Anybody see who hit me with a sledge hammer?

They say that old people generally don't react severely, because their immune systems are weakened. I've got news for them.

sorry to hear that Edgar ... I was fortunate ... zero side effect after both shots. I hope you feel better soon 

• Thanks 1