WTB ONE T2A AUTOTRANSFORMER SOMEONE ISN'T USING

longdrive03

Ken,

I have a T2A - DA that you can have, but not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for. It is in a next to worthless AB x-over and I have heard if may be a little different than a T2A. Hopefully someone smarter than me can let you know if it is compatible.

I still owe you a favor, so if you want it, I'll send it.

t2a.thumb.jpg.fb5bda6114f9a6e9ebfc0a16e2e6c6ea.jpg

This is kinda funny. I just did a google search to see what the difference is and it linked me to a thread here on the Forum started on Jan 10, 2010

and no one answered the question. The amusing part is that the question was posed by @longdrive03

I did not find an answer, I just remember that there is a difference.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:10 PM, MookieStl said:

This is kinda funny. I just did a google search to see what the difference is and it linked me to a thread here on the Forum started on Jan 10, 2010

and no one answered the question. The amusing part is that the question was posed by @longdrive03

I did not find an answer, I just remember that there is a difference.

i  think we should ask the Question  to 2 Forum Members  @Trey Cannon       @Chief bonehead, given their expertise   -

On 3/29/2021 at 11:57 AM, MookieStl said:

Ken,

I have a T2A - DA that you can have, but not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for. It is in a next to worthless AB x-over and I have heard if may be a little different than a T2A. Hopefully someone smarter than me can let you know if it is compatible.

I still owe you a favor, so if you want it, I'll send it.

t2a.thumb.jpg.fb5bda6114f9a6e9ebfc0a16e2e6c6ea.jpg

Thinking about this, if the T2A-DA uses the same taps as a regular T2A in the x-over, it should have the same number of windings and attenuation. 

• Klipsch Employees
On 4/1/2021 at 5:43 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Thinking about this, if the T2A-DA uses the same taps as a regular T2A in the x-over, it should have the same number of windings and attenuation. 

...With out the spec...you have no idea if that is correct.

• Like 1

Thanks  TigerwoodKhorns I'll run with your opinion!  So could you measure  the inductance at all the different taps and if they are identical or close conclude they are the same???   

Seems stranged to have a DA if its the same as the T2A unless it was a different manufacturer?????

Ken

22 minutes ago, longdrive03 said:

Thanks  TigerwoodKhorns I'll run with your opinion!  So could you measure  the inductance at all the different taps and if they are identical or close conclude they are the same???   

Seems stranged to have a DA if its the same as the T2A unless it was a different manufacturer?????

Ken

I did put 'should be' in italics.