Thinking of changing my RS-7 surrounds

wuzzzer

Since my wife and I are out of our apartment and in a house now I've been thinking about changing out my RS-7 surrounds for something larger.  I know the RS-7s are awesome as surrounds but I was considering something in a direct-radiating design.

Has anyone made a change like that and regretted it?  Ideally if I find a deal on a local Heresy pair I'd jump all over it.  Otherwise I was thinking something in the KG, CF, etc depending on what comes along. 

I am not a fan of sound sprayers at all even moreso if those are the only speakers in the rear.  Ideally more Heresy's in the rear if you can't pull that off I would go Academy, KG-3, KG-2, KG-2.2, KG-2.5, KG-1, KG-1.2, KG-1.5 or something from the pro line as TasDom suggested.

22 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Since my wife and I are out of our apartment and in a house now I've been thinking about changing out my RS-7 surrounds for something larger.  I know the RS-7s are awesome as surrounds but I was considering something in a direct-radiating design.

Has anyone made a change like that and regretted it?  

Early on in our Library Home Theater listed below we converted 5.1 to 7.1 using RB-75s as Surrounds and Rear speakers. We have a limited sweet spot and use the Denon's Dolby processor to matrix the sound coming towards us from 4 spots that are timed correctly, instead of the horns positioned angled away from us form 2.  

Imo, the RS-7s WDST technology works best when there are several listening positions or limited speaker placement.