Umik1 - FOUND

wvu80

EDIT:  Umik1 found

WTB Umik1.  I want to get into the calibration game.  An equivalent Dayton Audio model will be considered.  You might even want to upgrade to the new and improved Umik2, I can help fund that purchase.

If you have one you're not using let me know.  -Dave

12 hours ago, wvu80 said:

WTB Umik1.  I want to get into the calibration game.  An equivalent Dayton Audio model will be considered.  You might even want to upgrade to the new and improved Umik2, I can help fund that purchase.

If you have one you're not using let me know.  -Dave

I have a parts Express umm 6 I would sell. Not used much, could not get iirc calibration file to download. Its possible ,nothing wrong with Mic I just could not figure it out.

11 minutes ago, Lbk said:

I have a parts Express umm 6 I would sell. Not use much, could not get iirc calibration file to download. Its possible ,nothing wrong with Mic I just could not figure it out.

I know nothing about calibration mics but it looks like I need something which will plug into the USB port of my laptop.  The UMM 6 has an XLR cable.  It looks like that mic will not work with my laptop.  Am I correct about that?

9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I know nothing about calibration mics but it looks like I need something which will plug into the USB port of my laptop.  The UMM 6 has an XLR cable.  It looks like that mic will not work with my laptop.  Am I correct about that?

I had no problem hooking up mic to my laptop, worked fine. Problem was you need to download a calibration file that I couldn't  get it to do.

Others on the net got it to work, I could not. Some people on the net say it's easy to do, not being a computer guy I didn't think so.

Just wanted to be upfront, if not good with computers I would follow above advice. That said, still for sale if your interested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lbk said:

That said, still for sale if your interested.

I'm good with computers, not yet good with Umik and REW.

Let me get back to you.  I've got plans now but the mic looks like it uses a USB cable.  I swear that's not what I read last night!

24 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I'm good with computers, not yet good with Umik and REW.

Let me get back to you.  I've got plans now but the mic looks like it uses a USB cable.  I swear that's not what I read last night!

Has USB. Do a search on how to download file see if your comfortable with doing download and we can go from there.

3 hours ago, Lbk said:

Has USB. Do a search on how to download file see if your comfortable with doing download and we can go from there.

I found what I saw yesterday.  There are two models with the same name!  One is USB, the other is XLR.  You have the USB which is what I can use.

Let me send you a PM and we'll discuss price.  I am OK with finding the calibration file and I think you can find it too at PE Tech Support.

+++

Concurrently, why don't you contact Tech support at PE?  I'm sure they could send you the proper file.  I don't want to buy your mic out from under you (which is worth the most to you) and then find out that file was available to you.

I found this info on the site:  Please email or call our Tech Support Team for assistance at tech@parts-express.com or 800-338-0531 option 1.

29 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I found what I saw yesterday.  There are two models with the same name!  One is USB, the other is XLR.  You have the USB which is what I can use.

Let me send you a PM and we'll discuss price.  I am OK with finding the calibration file and I think you can find it too at PE Tech Support.

+++

Concurrently, why don't you contact Tech support at PE?  I'm sure they could send you the proper file.  I don't want to buy your mic out from under you (which is worth the most to you) and then find out that file was available to you.

I found this info on the site:  Please email or call our Tech Support Team for assistance at tech@parts-express.com or 800-338-0531 option 1.

Send you a PM, just so others know  cal files is load from the REW site. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 2:27 PM, Lbk said:

Send you a PM, just so others know  cal files is load from the REW site. Thanks!

Glad your EMM6 can now be calibrated.  It turns out the calibration file was on PE in the form of a .txt file.

Thanks for working with me @Lbk.  Good luck to us both of us in calibrating our systems.  I think the work has just begun.  -Dave