Problem w/ Distressed OAK Veneer On new SPEAKERS, need help from other D/OAK owners!!

John Saun

2 hours ago, John Saun said:

Exactly, how did this pass like this? It's pretty obvious the front half piece Veneer is missing a coat of something like varnish, etc as when the veneer is cut it is then applied with something (not sure what exactly) to accentuate the grain and give it a bit of protection. The only one different would be Black ash, where that takes on much more in processing.    Does anyone else have Distressed OAK to compare it to, from what I have seen, this is NOT NORMAL and D/oak is a nice color w/ the lambs wool front cover..

I built a equipment cabinet back in the day(which I still have and use) with oak veneered plywood. One side was near perfect, the other side (which I made sure faced the inner part of cabinet) had color variations like this.

I think the raw plywood is called "good one side" or somesuch.

23 hours ago, Amstaff said:

IMO this not a warranty issue. Return to the place you purchased them. Was that Klipsch directly? If the retailer does not want the return call your credit card company.

Warranty is for when stuff goes bad after delivery.

Working w/ Klispsch to hopefully have these replaced... Klipsch definitely warranties all parts of the speaker including outside finishes for 10 years

Edited by John Saun

19 hours ago, Sam S. said:

But, while the veneer looks book matched OK, it looks like there is a big issue with the consistence of the stain/finish.

I agree totally.  Something went wrong with the duller sheet of veneer.  

The more I look at the photo, the grayer veneer is the distressed oak and the browner veneer is the "standard" version of stained oak.  Must have been low lighting in the factory the day these were veneered.

Bill

10 hours ago, willland said:

I agree totally.  Something went wrong with the duller sheet of veneer.  

The more I look at the photo, the grayer veneer is the distressed oak and the browner veneer is the "standard" version of stained oak.  Must have been low lighting in the factory the day these were veneered.

Bill

Thank you!