Thorlo Sock Sale

tigerwoodKhorns

Thorlos is having a sale and you can stack the deals.  Time to stock up on these!  I like the Max Cushion tennis ankle and Max Cushion hiking crew mid calf. 

https://thorlo.com/collections/mens-maximum-cushion-socks/products/kx0000-mens-hiking-maximum-cushion-crew-socks?variant=34779497693229

https://thorlo.com/collections/mens-maximum-cushion-socks/products/tmx000-unisex-tennis-maximum-cushion-ankle-socks?variant=34779503886381

They are not cheap, but with the discounts are about $8 to $9 per pair.  I am wearing a 15 year old pair right now if you are wondering how long they last. 

Every three pair gets the fourth free.  There does not seem to be a limit.

Free shipping over $50

20% off with WELCOME 20

No tax charged. 

• Like 2

An audiophile once told me that making sure your feetsies are nice an toasty allows you to get deeper into the music with intent and focus! They had a different pair of socks they used for listening to each different amp! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Limberpine said:

An audiophile once told me that making sure your feetsies are nice an toasty allows you to get deeper into the music with intent and focus! They had a different pair of socks they used for listening to each different amp! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you try these you will be hooked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HPower said:

Good call tigerwoodKhorns!!! 👏

I have worn Thorlo socks for over 40 years, best socks ever. 😎

Its hard to understand until you wear them. 

I have a few pair of white socks and a bunch of black socks.  I got the black socks for $5 a pair at Marshalls about 15 years ago and they are still good and nice and pretty thick. 

I bought every pair in the store and remember sweating over the $60 for them thinking it was too much.  Still have them and they feel so much better than regular socks.

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

lol

If you put the 'Welcome 20' in the coupon box (another sign of a bunch of old coots) it's "welcome20" WITHOUT the space between.

Yes, my mistake, no space.  They have a bunch of codes. 

I put in three separate orders with three different 20% coupons. 

THORECC

MBB20

WELCOME20

They usually have a price break at 9 pair and 12 pair, but every fourth pair free is a straight 25% which is a really good deal.  Then another 20% on top of that and free shipping at $50, this is a good time to buy these. 

Thanks for posting this thread. Now onto some more random crap from me to share with all of you. Enjoy.

Never heard of this brand. I pretty much only wear wool (min 60%) socks anymore. Goes right along with my leather lined footwear. Right now I own... Bridgedale, Fox River, Kirkland, Lorpen, and Wigwam. So I decided to check this deal out. I put in my cart 4 pairs of over-the-calf worsted wool socks size L. Would much prefer to find Merino. Looks like with all the added discounts I would be paying $15 a pair instead of $25. Am I crazy for even thinking about doing this? I am not yet sold on these specifically. The last time I bought socks like these was in 2017. Probably purchased 40 different pairs total over a 2 year span. Now they are all pretty much shot, but I feel like I probably saved a good bit of skin and even a little change over the past 5 years going with 2 drawers full of men's wool hosiery. I just hate when it's time to overhaul those drawers. Good socks are hard to find, and good deals on good socks is even harder. Last time I was buying I was paying on average $6-$8 a pair at various outlets. It's probably going to cost me several Benjamins this time around. I know not everyone is that into wool like I am, but that's just where I am at.

Enjoy all of the naturally inherent benefits to wearing wool socks including...

insulating properties

insulating even when wet

keeping your feet dry

fast drying

anti-bacterial

odor-resistant

luxurious softness

not prone to cause blisters

Very durable ( they last you a long time)

Negatives are

Up-front cost

Hand wash, Dry flat

Availability (not at Walmart)

Allergies are a myth. And if your the one who thinks wool is just too hot, then you are simply not wearing the correct weight. Try wearing a low cut ultralight in the summertime when going on a long walk and your feet will definitely thank you after.

4 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Good socks are hard to find, and good deals on good socks is even harder. I know not everyone is that into wool like I am, but that's just where I am at.

Have you tried the Powersox I've been using them for years great quality last a long time and are comfortable:

https://www.amazon.com/PowerSox-Bootsocks-Medium-Cushion-Merino/dp/B075NYY3MP

1 hour ago, 314carpenter said:

Thanks for posting this thread. Now onto some more random crap from me to share with all of you. Enjoy.

Never heard of this brand. I pretty much only wear wool (min 60%) socks anymore. Goes right along with my leather lined footwear. Right now I own... Bridgedale, Fox River, Kirkland, Lorpen, and Wigwam. So I decided to check this deal out. I put in my cart 4 pairs of over-the-calf worsted wool socks size L. Would much prefer to find Merino. Looks like with all the added discounts I would be paying $15 a pair instead of $25. Am I crazy for even thinking about doing this? I am not yet sold on these specifically. The last time I bought socks like these was in 2017. Probably purchased 40 different pairs total over a 2 year span. Now they are all pretty much shot, but I feel like I probably saved a good bit of skin and even a little change over the past 5 years going with 2 drawers full of men's wool hosiery. I just hate when it's time to overhaul those drawers. Good socks are hard to find, and good deals on good socks is even harder. Last time I was buying I was paying on average $6-$8 a pair at various outlets. It's probably going to cost me several Benjamins this time around. I know not everyone is that into wool like I am, but that's just where I am at.

insulating properties

insulating even when wet

keeping your feet dry

fast drying

anti-bacterial

odor-resistant

luxurious softness

Negatives are

Up-front cost

Hand wash, Dry flat

Allergies are a myth. And if your the one who thinks wool is just too hot, then you are simply not wearing the correct weight. Try wearing a low cut ultralight in the summertime when going on a long walk and your feet will definitely thank you after.

I managed an outdoor store years ago that sold Thorlo. They are good socks. I’ve been wearing only merino wool socks for the last 20 years. Smartwool was my brand of choice until I found some 2-packs of merino wool socks from LL Bean. They are a lot cheaper and the quality is very good. 

5 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Have you tried the Powersox I've been using them for years great quality last a long time and are comfortable:

https://www.amazon.com/PowerSox-Bootsocks-Medium-Cushion-Merino/dp/B075NYY3MP

I have some wool socks but they always seem to eventually wind up in the dryer.  Thorlo has some on their site.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I have some wool socks but they always seem to eventually wind up in the dryer.  Thorlo has some on their site.  

I've washed and dried mine like normal with the rest of my work clothes without issue must be the synthetic blend?

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I've washed and dried mine like normal with the rest of my work clothes without issue must be the synthetic blend?

Actually, I do have wool blend socks that are not separated.  I rarely wear them.  I like the non-wool but if I lived in a really cold climate I would get some wool socks. 

On 4/2/2021 at 3:17 AM, 314carpenter said:

insulating properties

insulating even when wet

keeping your feet dry

fast drying

anti-bacterial

odor-resistant

luxurious softness

Negatives are

Up-front cost

Hand wash, Dry flat

You can buy one pair on Amazon for $15 and try them.  Thorlo will have other sales, but this is a good one.  They usually have 10% off for 9 pairs and 15% off for 12 pairs, plus you can find 20% coupons.  This is a really good sale because it is in increments of four pairs and free shipping at $50.

I really like the max cushion.  I have some running ones (I don't run) with a thick bottom and thin top that I do not like at all.  They pull on the hair on the top of my feet.

The real thick socks can be an issue with shoes if they are tight.  I have a home office so I wear slippers every day and the thick socks feel really good. 

FWIW, I bought 36 pairs for me and family but I have been waiting for a sale.

I'm sure that there are better sock out these.  I just know of these. 

• Like 1