Decided to keep - Chorus II’s

VMUSA2

Long story. Was a member from years ago as VMUSA1. Couldn’t remember my password or old email, so had to sign up as a new member.

Had a nice HT in our house in Paris IL back in the late 1990’s with the Chorus II’s in Oak Oil with #19 grilles, SW12 Oak Oil sub, KSP-C6 Black center, and a pair of KSP-S6 Black for surrounds. 

Moved back to the farm in 2013 to help my father and have been building a new house ourselves since then. Will have a large HT in the basement when we are done and had every intention of using my old speakers that have been sitting in storage waiting for that day. 

I’ll be starting the HT build this summer after the crops are in the ground and starting to research the build now. Auditioned some RF7’s at Good Vibes in Champaign by coincidence and decided to go a completely different direction now. 

So, have decided to part ways with my beloved Chorus II’s that have brought my family so much enjoyment over the years and was hoping to find a forum member/new family who would appreciate them as well. 

I am wanting to sell these together as a set. The Chorus II’s, sub, & surrounds are in excellent condition, both grilles, speakers, & cabinets. They are virgin (never touched or modified) and were never played overly loud with a Denon AVR-1804. They are dusty, but were kept in an HVAC controlled smoke/cat free environment. 

The black vinyl on one end of the center channel speaker did get cosmetically skinned up in the move, but the grille, wood, and speakers are perfect. If it’s in a cabinet under a TV, you would never see it. Or if you are in to refinishing, it would be an easy fix with a new piece of black vinyl. 

Asking $1,900 for the set, pick up only near Rossville, IL. I would encourage you to audition them before purchasing and they can be hooked up to the Denon receiver if you want to bring your choice of tunes. I can also send any pics before you make the trip if you let me know what you want to see.

If you bring a truck and are interested, I’ve got a couple of nice glass TV stands I’d sell  also. 

256E1FD6-8AA1-4E64-ABDE-4688DAE831B1.jpeg

A2A8BEEF-5BFB-4DDE-B1EF-9D095B667E84.jpeg

17735C53-177F-4036-886A-1F8A7A75AEF9.jpeg

59C953DA-82EC-4086-8BBD-56FFFB7FB04E.jpeg

Edited by VMUSA2
Decided to keep, not for sale
  • Like 3

Here’s the sub. My wife reminded me we did have an issue with it shortly after we got it. The rear passive radiator wasn’t glued very well to the rubber edging. Our dealer, Good Vibes in Champaign replaced it under warranty with a new one ordered directly from Klipsch and we never had an issue with it afterwards. 

1EC40343-0673-489A-BB68-B1C531DDFA03.jpeg

74281010-0B87-4E83-93E9-729C6EEFA117.jpeg

116D1A96-64B7-48DC-90FF-FEB0D17D3E1B.jpeg

3BEE0010-0D1E-4820-9491-22CA742AD129.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back... Nice looking Chorus IIs. Had grandparents i Villa Grove and perhaps other relatives in Paris and Charleston. Lost touch with most of them. GLWS and the new HT setup.

Bruce

I’m sorry guys, we decided to keep these speakers. 

I had a lot of interest in them. Had one of our forum members willing to drive a really long distance to get them and we both wanted to make sure he was happy and didn’t waste a trip.

I dug them out of storage in to better light to take pictures of the condition. After rubbing a little Milsek oil on them, brought back a lot of memories. He wanted to know how they played before coming, so tonight we hooked them up to our old Denon receiver.  My wife and I sat in absolute awe for over 2 hours listening to to the beautiful mid range horns. I had forgotten how nice they sounded after sitting for 8 years and it felt like we were sitting right in front of a live band. 

They won’t be going in to the HT as we already have the RF-7’s purchased for in there, but they will work perfectly in the Rec room where we can open them up running in simple stereo mode. 

Goes to show how these classics are timeless and only get better with age. 

• Like 1