How to connect RPi Digione *digitally* to Klipsch R-41PM

Taraaaa.... enter the RPi Digione

I am enjoying my R-41PM. I am listering to Primephonic lossless classical music with a Mi box as a streamer.
Now I want to prepare for the future: lossless Spotify.
So I bought a Rasperry Pi Digione kit. It is up and running. Should be able to stream high quality digital SPDIF output from:
* Coaxial BNC Output
* RCA (Coaxial) Output

Two options and an extra

How do I connect this digital output to my speakers?

option 1: cable?

I would prefer to stream the digital audio stream from the Digione directly into the Klipsch. The digital USB and the mini-Toslink are available.

Do I need a cable? Can I somehow connect RCA coaxial or BNC to digital input?

Option 2: DAC? Losing quality?

I am using the RCA analogue for my phono. I Think I can do a RCA to aux jack cable and free the RCA analogue input and buy a DAC. But would a DAC harm the digital signal?

Extra:

Perhaps in the future, I would like to tap my headphone into this high quality digital Spotify source.
So, I would have

- Digione streamer

- turntable without amp
- Klipsch R-41PM

What hardware could be the missing link?

I am confused... 
thanks in advance

Steven - Amsterdam (the Netherlands)

Looking through the manual I see no reference to DAC capability included in the speakers.  Looks like you will need a DAC.  The Digione is a transport only.  The signal needs to be converted prior to the speakers.  A DAC will most likely have RCA out, so use the RCA input on the speakers and switch them to "line".

My $0.02 worth.

flatgrass is right you need a external DAC.

I have this same setup DigiOne Signature/ RPI4

Use the BNC out of the DigiOne has better sound capability.

I use a SMSL SU8  https://apos.audio/products/smsl-su-8?variant=3760412262474&msclkid=38b44b0fd01a188ab0f92b663a937bcc&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP - Shop - US - TM - Digital to Analog Convertor (DAC)&utm_term=4587918426151168&utm_content=APS-0017-1 | Smsl SU-8 DAC Digital to Analog Converter | %24249.99

This is currently an older design but the price is right and the sound is great. SMSL SU8 has both XLR and RCA out to your amp. I use XLR out to a Crown XLs 1500 to to my  Klipsch speakers. I have also run this out to a set of La Scala's and it is a Wow

There are many good dacs in this price range and a bit cheaper just make sure they have the preferred BNC input RCA works but BNC is better out of the DigiOne.

A good idea is to confirm that the DigiOne knows the DAc you buy ( this is a setting in the DigiOne )  

This is a great combo and many people have been surprised by my system when they hear it and then find out it comes from a RPI.

The only problem is when you want to upgrade down the road, the cost will be in the $,000

In case you have not seen this   https://darko.audio/2017/08/allos-digione-pulls-five-star-sound-quality-from-the-raspberry-pi/

https://darko.audio/2018/11/a-short-film-about-the-allo-digione-signature/

My R-541PM's have USB, Optical and RCA analog input. So I think USB or Optical SPDIF should work. There is definitely a DAC in the R-51PM's I thought the 41's were the same but smaller speakers/amp.

I use the R-51's with optical digital from a TV and a DAC into the RCA from a computer. But I have gone in through the USB from a computer.

Would still like to see an internal DAC called out in the specs for the speakers.  The USB and optical may just be used for accepting 2 channel PCM, meaning the conversion is done at the player (computer / TV).  If this is in fact the case, the OP would need a DAC between the Digione and the speakers.