SOLD Crites CT120 tweeters

Yukon888

Pair of Crites CT120 tweeters for sale. 8 ohm. In order to fit the existing hardware on my speakers, I needed to drill out the mounting holes about an 1/8" larger than they were originally but other than that they are as they came from Crites. They are 100% working. I went back to the original K77's, as I'm one of the few who prefers the K77's over the CT120's.

$180 shipped conus. Will be well packed.

120-1.jpg

120-2.jpg

120-3.jpg

120-4.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

i am looking for a pair of these horns, but only the horns, if someone has some to sell ... and it would be better if it is send from a european country - even better from France

Not sure if Michael Crites will sell just the horns, but never hurts to ask.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:09 AM, SpeedLimit said:

Is the original k77 a EV t35 even today ?

Even the most recent K77s modeled exactly on the EV T35 actually exceeds the spec of the original EV T35s. I read that the EV T35s got continually worse over time starting in the early 1970s their top end started to roll off as the quality of the fabrication tooling degraded over time.

The Philippines made new production K77/EVT35s are actually even better than the original ones. They have more top end response and more even dispersion.

Considering how loved the T35 is (nostalgia likely a huge factor) I'd never even consider replacing the K77Ds with the Crites tweeters.

Klipsch and a few people intimately involved with the original EV35 worked very closely with Dai-chi in the Philippines to get the newer production K77s to sound the way they do.

My 70ths have the 77D but I'm curious how the new 771s in the KHorn AK6 sounds. If I ever upgrade it will likely be to the K771, I trust the engineers at Klipsch more than I do aftermarket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixspeed said:

If I ever upgrade it will likely be to the K771, I trust the engineers at Klipsch more than I do aftermarket.

- I'm sure the k-77  in the 70th  was selected among the best pairs -

4 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

- I'm sure the k-77  in the 70th  was selected among the best pairs -

Ironically the one in my left speaker upper cabinet was dead on arrival lol. Totally dead. Something must have happened when they were shipped or during moving while they were in the boxes going to my new house where I set them up for the first time 3 years back.

Dealer reached out to Hope and Klipsch dropped shipped me a new K77D within 3 days, perfect sonic match to the other one so no complaints.

Both have a nice metal sticker on the back with the PWK logo and "K77-D" underneath it instead of the plain ones or the ones with the ink stamped markings. Likely just aesthetic but wonder if that's how they sorted out the "best ones" as you said.

Edited by sixspeed

• Yukon888 changed the title to SOLD Crites CT120 tweeters