Heresy IV vr KLH 5

1 hour ago, veloceleste said:

That guy loves everything! I looked on the KLH website and found this interesting tidbit:

KLH was purchased by David P. Kelley, longtime Klipsch and VOXX executive, in 2017. He moved the global headquarters to Noblesville, Indiana.”

Mostly true, he and the wife? Both hate the black sides on the Yahama A-S3200 LOL

2 hours ago, RagingBullWinkle said:

Came across this last night,  the reviewer has and loves his H - IVs, but watch him gush over new KLH. I wonder if this will have an effect on future Klipsch pricing. Anyone here sample these?

if you are looking for an impressive alternate listen to the anniversary issue of the Warfdale Linton.

2 minutes ago, moray james said:

if you are looking for an impressive alternate listen to the anniversary issue of the Warfdale Linton.

I sold my K-Horns and H-3s last week downsizing, looking at retirement soon.  I bought and have not taken out of the box yet Warfdale Denton 85th more for size than anything else. 

Looking to spend a fair amount of time in an RV,  fingers crossed I can live with them. 

8 hours ago, RagingBullWinkle said:

I sold my K-Horns and H-3s last week downsizing, looking at retirement soon.  I bought and have not taken out of the box yet Warfdale Denton 85th more for size than anything else. 

Looking to spend a fair amount of time in an RV,  fingers crossed I can live with them. 

Ha was I close or was I? I am now loving a pair of very well burned in Tannoy Revolution series XT Mini which are I think going to turn into my forever loudspeakers. I also have a pair of Tannoy XT6 which are larger than the mini and will play louder and lower but I am not sure I will need that as I plan to use subs and also because the XT Mini uses a 3/4" tweeter diaphragm while the XT6 (and other models in the line up all) uses a one inch tweeter diaphragm. I prefer the stage and image with the smaller tweeter diaphragm. I have been working on extracting all the level and bass extension from the XT Mini as is possible and I continue to make gains and I am most pleased even now. The first change I made was to switch the speakers operation to a sealed box using two 1 1/4" sink plugs  for a couple of dollars, you loose the hump before roll off of the vent but gain about a good half octave of bass extension and you will never overdrive your speaker due to the vent unloading  below its tuning frequency. I have built a custom set of stands for my XT Mini and I plan to re damp the cabinet with microfiber and upgrade the crossover parts. I am impressed with how they sound even now. I look forward to much further improvement to come. Have a great time in your RV. You may want to work on some room treatment to obtain the kind of sound quality that you have grown used to. Take care and have a Good Friday.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 8:33 AM, RagingBullWinkle said:

Came across this last night,  the reviewer has and loves his H - IVs, but watch him gush over new KLH. I wonder if this will have an effect on future Klipsch pricing. Anyone here sample these?

Never sample the music. Looks great tho

Way back in the 60’s and 70’s KLH was the shites, a recognized name in the world of HiFi. I’d say in the home arena right up there with the likes of JBL and Altec. And don’t forget Klipsch was right there too with our favorites from the Heritage line.

I would venture a guess that the new KLH and the above mentioned Tannoy models are made “overseas”.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:21 PM, veloceleste said:

That guy loves everything! I looked on the KLH website and found this interesting tidbit:

KLH was purchased by David P. Kelley, longtime Klipsch and VOXX executive, in 2017. He moved the global headquarters to Noblesville, Indiana.”

the Corporation is now run , by a High End Team of ex-Klipsch Management Executives ------so ,  Directors who have the Expertise , Knowledge and Contacts  to turn a dead brand into a full thriving Audio Manufacturer -

On 4/2/2021 at 12:21 PM, veloceleste said:

That guy loves everything! ....

Lmao! Seriously, hard to take him or any reviewer seriously when they just gush and praise everything to no end. Not to mention those riddled with cliche/clickbait thumbnails like that.

But it's the only way reviewers like that keep getting free sh*t sent to them. Part and parcel of that industry.

I usually take reviewers with a grain of a salt, just a handful I trust. Especially one that has reviewed speakers I am familiar with, and if they describe them very closely to my own experience then I tend to give those people a bit more credence. If they describe them completely opposite then I'll never listen or read what they have to say again.

Edited by sixspeed