Klipschorns midrange gaskets

bkwa1959

Question here
What are the gaskets for ? Inside the horn lens ? I have some H1’s and just pulled the tweeters, and I did not see any type of gasket between the lens and the wood baffles. I would think that for the tweeters and mids that there would be some type of seal. Please help inform me on this.
I’ll be installing a set of Dave’s tweeters , still working on the crossovers, so should I make or use some type of gasket?
I know about the rubber inside the horns.
Thanks
Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, bkwa1959 said:

They are round orange gaskets that go inside the between the midrange and the midrange horn

you can buy a sheet of ---plumbing gasket and make your own gaskets  ---the round orange gaskets are cut from standard plumbing gasket which is orange in most cases   -

5 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

But do you think that on a H or other sealed speaker. That it should have a gasket between the horn and wood baffles ?

@CECAA850 ,  Carl ---- had recommended foam for the rear door and all openings for air leaks -mids-HF for the H1 

@wuzzzer had originally asked that question

-there are paper  thin black gaskets on the K53 and the K76 in the Heresy 2 --

1 hour ago, carlthess40 said:

Ok I know about that on
But do you think that on a H or other sealed speaker. That it should have a gasket between the horn and wood baffles ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased 3/8" wide foam speaker gasket material from Parts Express and sealed the backs and each driver on my Heresys. 

4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I purchased 3/8" wide foam speaker gasket material from Parts Express and sealed the backs and each driver on my Heresys. 

Yes, a sealed speaker should be sealed. Backs will rattle without it when you crank them.