Tube Amp Purchase / Buy Some Crites?

MacWorks

Howdy,

Recently purchased this working Fisher 800-B (paid $450 US) to use with my Heresy II's. Always looking to improve sound without over spending.

What would give me my biggest bang for the buck? Replace some tubes? Have a tech look at the receiver and or purchase a Crites crossovers? Wondering what the availability will be, no that Bob has passed - RIP.

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8581.png

IMG_8579.jpg

Edited by MacWorks

there is a lot of oxidation on the chassis and Tubes Amps can catch on fire , this chassis must be gone over  -

if this was paid by Paypal or a recent Ebay purchase , you may want to send it back , this is not going to be cheap to restore -

First of all, Crites can't help you with the Fisher, and apparently neither can a couple of others here.....so, having said that, having owned several of these.....please have it looked at by a reputable tech.  The chassis oxidation and other cosmetics are not a functional issue, but could be indicative of deeper electrical issues.  I'm particularly intrigued by the cap with the question mark.....RCA 7591s are very nice, if they are all good......all the tubes need to be tested.