What color Quadrex Grills for JBL L100 century?

tigerwoodKhorns

On 4/1/2021 at 6:36 PM, MyOwn said:

You had me going LOL....

🍻

2 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Any opinions on what color quadrex grilles?  The choices are light blue, burnt orange, brown and flat black. 

I wanted burgundy, but there is a big up charge.  I am actually thinking brown or blue, but the blue is light blue so brown I guess.

Any opinions? 

12 hours ago, Steve. said:

I like the blue... I like the orange too...tough choice,  I would get a spare pair to have both of those colors.... 

They are pricey to buy multiples.  Here are the cheapest ones available. 

The blue and orange both seem too light in color and $100 extra for custom color seems like a deal breaker.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-L-100-Century-Quadrex-foam-speaker-grille-replacements-L100-MADE-IN-USA/274744122502?hash=item3ff8069c86:g:WKMAAOSwYjdgQGEv

Here is an old Pic of the original speakers: 

101012_JBL L100 Century speaker.jpg

Here are the reproductions.  The brown, orange and blue are the cheaper ones.  This pic makes them look too light

s-l1600.jpg

I don't mean to improperly impune your speaker choices but those square things are ugly.  The speakers are great but I've seen the squares live and in-person.  They're ugly.

My vote is to stay with the ugly theme.  Orange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I don't mean to improperly impune your speaker choices but those square things are ugly.  The speakers are great but I've seen the squares live and in-person.  They're ugly.

My vote is to stay with the ugly theme.  Orange.

I like it.  Ugly white woofers, ugly foam on the tweeters and ugly orange grills.

My wife likes the brown grills.  They do look good and very 70s.  But that is kind of like using black woofers on these. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The black and brown actually don't look all that bad. 

I'll try to be more supportive from now on.  🤜🤓🤛

My wife does not like the orange or blue.  She likes the brown and black.  I might go brown as she likes it and it will be the same grill color as the L250's in the same room and is very 1970s.  She is very supportive of this hobby and loves the music and surround sound.