EL-84 Based PP Tube amp 17 wpc SOLD

joessportster

The amp is a Sargent Rayment SR-534, and was completely gone through / restored by Chris Keller here in NC, It sounds great and works flawlessly. I have personally played it for up to 8 hours straight without even a hiccup. You wont find a better tube amp at this price !!!!!!!!!!  The amp has LEFT and RIGHT gain controls / pots on the back so can be used with or without a pre-amp

Below is Chris description and pics of the amp as when I bought it

Price for ESTABLISHED forum members is 799.00 plus shipping and fees if any (At my Price I will throw in a quad of vintage Mullard (Dynaco stamped) EL84) 

"Here is a wonderful example of an extremely rare power amplifier - the Sargent Rayment SR 534. Sargent Rayment audio gear is as scarce as hens teeth. It was a company out of California back in the 40's through early 60's that made limited models of tube power amps, integrateds, preamps and tuners. The company didn't sell very far outside of the west coast. However, the limited information on the web blogs all said S-R amplifiers were fantastic, if you could find them. Thus, you rarely ever see them come up for sale anywhere, and the few I have seen over the years have been beat up pretty badly. This one is in very nice condition.
Stock, it sounded very good. However, when I updated this with all new PIO caps, and all new metal film resistors throughout the signal path, it brought it to a whole new level. It sounds absolutely amazing. The music just floats, with 3-D-like imaging, and mids and highs just life-like.
I would compare the sound of the 534 to the venerable Pilot 232 but with perhaps a bit more "oomph" in the low end, and a wider, even more detailed soundstage. This 534 runs absolutely dead quiet, so it is ideal for even the most efficient speakers. It also runs very cool - the S-R design being more spacious underneath perhaps helps in that regard. Tubes are vintage 6AN8 drivers, a quad of Russian EL 84 Equivalent outputs, and a vintage 5AR4 rectifier. All tubes test super strong and are tightly matched.
As noted, it is in very nice shape cosmetically. The front and top show almost no signs of wear. It appears the side panels had been painted when I received it, but they match pretty close.
I did replace the barrier strips with binding posts and added a power switch"

Sargent Rayment SR-534 Power Amplifier - Updated, Rare, Awesome!